Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler

rosie

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Willys 2-Door
I’d personally be happy with the roof rack, rubberized interior, and dash setup of the bronco. The Sasquatch package is nice, but that’s the kind of thing I prefer to research and spec myself.

Interior more than anything. I would love to be able to hose down the snow and sand and grit after a ski/hiking/whatever trip. My tarp works fine, but fine grit gets everywhere.

My brother will probably get a Bronco once dealer markup drops and they’ve had time to work out the kinks, so I’ll just borrow his!
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
If you look closely I think those cool map features are subscription based.
If that’s true, what a shame. Any source re the subscription maps service? Jeep’s 8.4 UConnect is solidly responsive, but the nav maps are complete trash. I suspect they figured most folks would run gmaps or some competitor via android auto or CarPlay and didn’t bother to develop any true off-road innovations with the nav. My guess is they play catch up with UConnect 5 and leave everyone else without a decent update.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Forgot to add - side curtain airbags in the roll bar.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Ford did an excellent job and hopefully Jeep takes notice but the one thing I was really jealous of was the ability to download off road maps and make your own trail maps and share them with others. I would think the 8.4 in the Jeep could be upgraded with a patch to do at least some of this?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t plan a long trip with tube doors because weather can change during the coarse of a day.
Stowed doors are very intriguing but as Texgoat mentioned is it worth it to have flimsy doors just so we can stow them?

I also like the extra gear in the manual transmission.

Not to go against the grain of this thread but one negative with the Bronco is no auto-open roof.

Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I think that the tiered system that they originally started this line with was fine (Sport-Sport S-Sahara-Rubicon) but they have gotten too cluttered with too many specialty editions. The Bronco is going to be worse with so many levels and everything available on every edition. Kind of defeats the purpose. There are only a few things that I saw on the Bronco that I would have liked to have had on my Jeep from the factory but not every wish is realistic.

1. 35s on beadlocks-somewhat unrealistic because I would want to be able to choose the tires I would have ordered. Of course, they would be easier to sell after changing out but probably not for many additional $$ than the 33s.
  2. 35s would have had to result in a stronger tailgate since almost no 35" tires on stock wheels will be below the weight recommendation that Jeep has set.
  3. Additional gear options. 4.88s would have been really nice.
  4. Removable side and back windows on the hard top. I am really curious how this is supposed to work on the Broncos with rear defrosters and a wiper, if they have them. Since there is such limited information still on them or how they operate, that is a big unknown how that will work.
  5. While the openness of the "halo" in the sport cage looks nice, I wonder about the safety element but I'll still put that on the list.

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
I just saw that the rear windows are removable from the hard top. And the soft top has a lift-up rear window like a hard top. Pretty cool.

Bronco Sport is a crossover and this isn't a Jeep Compass forum
:clap:

That is like saying the color arctic white isn’t white. Also didn’t Ford market the sport with all the other Broncos? Included it in the launch with the other Broncos? Have the name Bronco instead of say Wrangler Compass? I haven’t seen Jeep market the Compass with the Wranglers.

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Definitely think the additional hard top panels over the rear passengers for the 4-door would probably make the top light enough I wouldn't need a winch to remove the top.

The Sasquatch package being available on even a base model is going to be a huge problem for Jeep restricting the off-road goodies to the pricey Rubicon trim level. I like how Ford's trims are laid out and I think it's going to be really disruptive to the Wrangler pricing/trim scheme. I think the Base with Sasquatch is a really compelling combo.

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Seems speculation on the Bronco is 10 paint options:
1594779112653.jpeg
This demonstrates what I have on my mind. 5 of these are shades of gray. My JLU is black simply because nothing else excited me so I'm opting for a black with chrome look. One of the most intriguing colors I saw when I was first considering a Wrangler was a beautiful bronze. Why all the shades of gray, I have no clue.

Out of the above, if Area 51 is some sort of blue or aqua, that one just might win an award. Then again, it might be my monitor.

JeepersCreepersJL

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T
Usable infotainment system, Frameless doors and the ability to take your doors with you when they're off and i do like the mirrors mounted to the body

Sponsored

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
The only thing FCA needs that Ford has is courage.

The Bronco design looks truer to the heritage of the Land Rover Defender than the new Defender. It also reminds me of the IH Scout that was lost to time.

Jeep doesn't need to just change their options – They need to wake up and do their full 10-year redesign at the 5-year mark.

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
This demonstrates what I have on my mind. 5 of these are shades of gray. My JLU is black simply because nothing else excited me so I'm opting for a black with chrome look. One of the most intriguing colors I saw when I was first considering a Wrangler was a beautiful bronze. Why all the shades of gray, I have no clue.

Out of the above, if Area 51 is some sort of blue or aqua, that one just might win an award. Then again, it might be my monitor.
I think this helps visualize the colors better.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...ort-paint-colors/ar-BB16JKnz#image=BB16JH6j|1

Wandering Zed

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon - White
Occupation
Quality Management
If that’s true, what a shame. Any source re the subscription maps service? Jeep’s 8.4 UConnect is solidly responsive, but the nav maps are complete trash. I suspect they figured most folks would run gmaps or some competitor via android auto or CarPlay and didn’t bother to develop any true off-road innovations with the nav. My guess is they play catch up with UConnect 5 and leave everyone else without a decent update.
Gaia GPS works perfectly as an app. I run a apple mini ipad with the app during my trail runs.

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
I don't know if it was mentioned, but I like that tight turn feature it has where it locks up the inside rear wheel..Pretty cool.

The Bronco is gonna be a beast..I love it. Trying to convince the wife to sell the Tesla so we can get a 2dr Sasquatch. It's a hard sell..not gonna lie, but I'm trying!!! Damn you Elon!
Sponsored