Deciding, 2020 JL Black and tan

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
Not sure if this is Bronco specific but I think it's insane you only get a just few color options on the Jeeps.

I'm still a Jeep newbie here but for what I saw on the Bronco, a lot of what they had on them are options on the Jeep. Maybe that's a good thing?
Seems speculation on the Bronco is 10 paint options:
Jeep Wrangler JL Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler 1594779112653

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I’d like an Easter egg of a Wrangler driving in front and away from an overgrown fat horse branded Ford.
Maybe close enough?

Jeep Wrangler JL Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler bronco-beater-white copy

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
- Power on the top of the dash for accessories
- 360 camera
- rubberized floor
- Sasquatch on every trim
- quick release door stops to make the doors come off easier

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Silverado, 2020 JT or JL, Sting-grey, hopeful
I'd like to see the option to get neoprene seats instead of cloth or leather. I think that is a really neat feature. It also seems that Ford is promising a factory roof rack that doesn't have to be attached to the cross members and doesn't make the roof more difficult to remove. For me, that would be a huge selling point if Jeep can replicate it. I want to be able to attach a RTT while also be able to remove the top without a ton of work. The offroad maps is also a pretty cool feature.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I like the mirror on the body, but I hope that it's also removable. I would hate to knock it off on a tight trail.
I thought the same thing, but, if you look at the specs, the vehicle width excluding mirrors is the same as the width with the mirrors folded in.. someone at Ford was paying attention.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Like many of you, I'm just getting my feet wet with Ford's Bronco offerings, how they're marketing the new vehicle and the features it has.

If you run across ideas the Ford design team had that you'd like to see incorporated into a Wrangler, do share here.

For example, I like how the back seats--at least from some video I saw--have the ability to put the seat up to store items hidden below.
It looks like the Bronco design team had a few focus groups with Jeep owners and monitored this forum. All of the new features on the Bronco have been mentioned numerous times usually as people wondering why they repeated the same design features missing on JKs still missing on the JLs like the desire to have the mirrors on the frame, gadget mount on the dash, removable panels instead of a full hard top, 360 camera so you don’t need a spotter, etc. I’m looking forward to seeing Bronco vs Wrangler performance videos.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I hate how the broncos look, but I hope the competition prompt jeeps to get some of the things $16k vehicles have standard (ac, power locks/windows, etc). I don't need those things, so I wouldn't pay for the options, but I wouldn't complain if I had em.

Semaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 71 Chevelle 65 mustang
Like many of you, I'm just getting my feet wet with Ford's Bronco offerings, how they're marketing the new vehicle and the features it has.

If you run across ideas the Ford design team had that you'd like to see incorporated into a Wrangler, do share here.

For example, I like how the back seats--at least from some video I saw--have the ability to put the seat up to store items hidden below.

A steering box not out of a 1950's pickup truck.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
A few more practical points.....

1) As a Ford it will have vastly superior reliability particularly in the electrical systems. FCA is worst in industry in this regard.

2) Having a service network that is not completely incompetent and with actual spare parts in stock and not needing to wait weeks/months for parts to come in.

3) Having a vendor that will sort out any ongoing issues and not hide from them. When the Thunderbird Supercoupe had crank issues Ford stepped right up made everything right. Even BMW did not go this far with their M3 crank issues. You always get the feeling that FCA is hiding from such issues.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Half doors. I mean, c'mon. Didn't jeep invent half doors back on the YJ. Now all of the sudden we can't get em.

I loved the yellow 2 door with half doors and portholes, just like jeep teased with the premier of the JL. That was a huge middle finger.

The base model with Sasquatch is cool too. I think that would be awesome.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
They can keep the G.O.A.T.

They can keep the Electronic transfer case.

They can keep the IFS.

They can keep the turbo.

35s isn't really a win, IMHO. I wonder if the factory wheels will be 8in + wide so you can safely put on any tire you want?

I've got Bilsteins on my AEV Dualsport Suspension. Idk if Ford Spec Bilsteins will compare. Mine are *pretty* nice. Good if they do, tho.

Offroad maps is definitely a win. You just know that was something that got cut out of UConnect (Off Road Pages?).

12 in screen is pretty big. I guess u can watch movies on it? B&O sound is cool, but NWA didn't rap about B&O...they rapped about Alpine.

Lol, I'm still keeping my Jeep. So whatever.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Wireless Apple CarPlay
Sponsored