First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
lets talk about ford reliability.... some of my examples.. i have a fiesta st. great little car, fun to drive.. however the slave cylinder is plastic, its inside the transmission bell and for this 20 dollar piece, you spend 1000 to replace it once it fails and they fail a lot. there is a 20 dollar plastic thingy buried deep deep in the console called a 'blend door actuator'. when this thing fails you have to get far back into the console after taking out the driver's seat and unbolt a tiny screw that you pray doesnt drop down into the console to be forever lost to replace this cheep piece of plastic that clicks continuously once it fails. i did do this labor and saved 300 or 400 bucks but it took several hours and was a pain. then you have the plastic oil pan and drain on the 2.7 ford motor (top motor offered on the bronco to start). i think they finally wised up at ford and now this is metal, but sheese there is the possibility that the bronco could have plastic oil pan (the horror).

the point here is that all of the manufacturers and using lots of cheap plastic parts on ever more expensive and complicated cars and you can bet there will be issues with the bronco, just like there are with the jeep.
Did you not have one of the effected Fiesta ST with the wrong head gasket?
Sponsored

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
I am eager to see what the manufacture and dealer support looks like. FCA sets a bar so low on this you can trip over it. If a Raptor version of the Bronco with a manual transmission comes out, I will be saying good bye to Jeep.
That is how you act when you own this segment however it looks like those days of the $60K "take it or go pound sand" JLU are over.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am eager to see what the manufacture and dealer support looks like. FCA sets a bar so low on this you can trip over it. If a Raptor version of the Bronco with a manual transmission comes out, I will be saying good bye to Jeep.
You can't get the 2.7 or the Sasquatch package with the manual. I will be shocked if the Raptor-like version comes with a manual.

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
On paper, only. Spent 6 months trying. Ended up with a TJR.
I paid 41K for my 2Dr Rubi with 8 spd auto, hard top, LED,steel bumpers and cold weather group. And I didn't even shop around for deal - just couple of emails with the dealer 2 miles from home. It took about 2 months from order to delivery. So with less options 38K Rubi should be very much doable.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
So with less options 38K Rubi should be very much doable.
It was not doable in my world and time. Came very close with an Idaho dealer. Got ready to order one at that price point based on a two month old build sheet, then suddenly, the current sheet required proximity ignition which I did not want based from recent experience with a rental suddenly not recognizing the proximity key....killed the deal. Now reading a thread about JL thefts and the pros increasingly able to hack the start sequence absent of just pulling it away. I'm not one to argue personal serendipity. Got lucky, I guess.

Sponsored

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
All of my previous convertibles had frameless windows and did really well. Never an issue with movement, wobble, extra noise, etc. even at highway speeds (or well beyond in the case of the GT500 and ZL1.) They did seem to be a bit thicker than normal windows but no data to back that up.

Of course those vehicles also weren’t bouncing around off road either. Will be curious to see how these hold up over time.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
It was not doable in my world and time. Came very close with an Idaho dealer. Got ready to order one at that price point based on a two month old build sheet, then suddenly, the current sheet required proximity ignition which I did not want based from recent experience with a rental suddenly not recognizing the proximity key....killed the deal. Now reading a thread about JL thefts and the pros increasingly able to hack the start sequence absent of just pulling it away. I'm not one to argue personal serendipity. Got lucky, I guess.
That really sucks. Buddy of mine just picked up a 2 dr that stickered at 46 for well below 40.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

That is how you act when you own this segment however it looks like those days of the $60K "take it or go pound sand" JLU are over.
That would be nice. Unfortunately, FCA treats their Maserati customers the same way, at a higher price point. Not sure they will change.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

lets talk about ford reliability.... some of my examples.. i have a fiesta st. great little car, fun to drive.. however the slave cylinder is plastic, its inside the transmission bell and for this 20 dollar piece, you spend 1000 to replace it once it fails and they fail a lot. there is a 20 dollar plastic thingy buried deep deep in the console called a 'blend door actuator'. when this thing fails you have to get far back into the console after taking out the driver's seat and unbolt a tiny screw that you pray doesnt drop down into the console to be forever lost to replace this cheep piece of plastic that clicks continuously once it fails. i did do this labor and saved 300 or 400 bucks but it took several hours and was a pain. then you have the plastic oil pan and drain on the 2.7 ford motor (top motor offered on the bronco to start). i think they finally wised up at ford and now this is metal, but sheese there is the possibility that the bronco could have plastic oil pan (the horror).

the point here is that all of the manufacturers and using lots of cheap plastic parts on ever more expensive and complicated cars and you can bet there will be issues with the bronco, just like there are with the jeep.
I would highlight that there are two issues here. 1) A problem and 2) how the manufacturer deals with the problem. I do hear of Ford problems, just as I hear of Jeep problems. In my experience, the big difference to me is that Ford seems to have fixes for their problems. With Ford, I pay money, the problem gets fixed. I have had bad experience with Jeep taking my money, and not fixing my problem.

I have zero issues throwing money at a problem, provided it gets fixed.

Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
stickered at 46 for well below 40.
Good timing, I guess; but I love my TJ. Test drove a 2.0 and loved it, but not for 50k. Already made ten grand in the market from the difference. mmmm...mmm. So, my TJ is now a free gift.

dignan22

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5 / GX 460 / 1989 Jeep YJ Laredo / 1986 Grand Wagoneer / Reserved 2021 Bronco 4D F.E.
It feels like a Barcalounger compared to the rear seat in JKUs! :like:
Yes, my bad. You are definitely correct about the back seat in a JKU...so bad. No way in hell the designers ever went for a ride in one.
Sponsored