Sponsored

Really disappointed

Waderman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jl rubicon
I just purchased a new 2019 JL Rubicon two door. I owned a wrangler 20 years ago and wanted to try it again. I have to be honest, I’m pretty disappointed. First of all, the MSRP was almost $50,000. I got a decent discount but it was still a lot of money. I took delivery of the vehicle at the dealership and it had some large gouges in the front grill. No big deal they said they’d order a new grill. So then I’m driving the vehicle home on the highway and realize there is an obnoxious wind sourced whistling noise coming from the driver side front pillar. Really bad. It wasn’t noticeable on the test drive because I wasn’t out on the interstate. I then got the vehicle home and re-washed it due to all the bugs, and realized that the entire lower half on one side of the painted hardtop, beneath the window, had white overspray on it. You wouldn’t notice it standing 5 feet away, but up close, there were literally hundreds of little overspray paint dots. I couldn’t believe it. I also noticed upon very close inspection that there were several scratches, into the paint, on the vehicle. Again, you wouldn’t notice them unless you were really looking hard. I did inspect the vehicle before signing the papers and paying for it but apparently not good enough. I’m just absolutely floored that a vehicle that cost this much money has such lousy quality control. I’ve purchased $50,000 vehicles in the past, primarily Mercedes and Audi’s, and never had anywhere near the issues that I’ve had with this vehicle. Then on the second day of ownership, the Apple CarPlay stopped working. I learned from this forum to simply pull a couple of fuses to reboot the system. I’m just wondering what is going to go wrong next. If this is the best FCA can do, this will be my last purchase of one of their products. I honestly feel like I got ripped off. Hopefully the dealership will get these issues resolved quickly. I called and left a message for the sales manager yesterday, he has yet to call me back...
Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I just purchased a new 2019 JL Rubicon two door. I owned a wrangler 20 years ago and wanted to try it again. I have to be honest, I’m pretty disappointed. First of all, the MSRP was almost $50,000. I got a decent discount but it was still a lot of money. I took delivery of the vehicle at the dealership and it had some large gouges in the front grill. No big deal they said they’d order a new grill. So then I’m driving the vehicle home on the highway and realize there is an obnoxious wind sourced whistling noise coming from the driver side front pillar. Really bad. It wasn’t noticeable on the test drive because I wasn’t out on the interstate. I then got the vehicle home and re-washed it due to all the bugs, and realized that the entire lower half on one side of the painted hardtop, beneath the window, had white overspray on it. You wouldn’t notice it standing 5 feet away, but up close, there were literally hundreds of little overspray paint dots. I couldn’t believe it. I also noticed upon very close inspection that there were several scratches, into the paint, on the vehicle. Again, you wouldn’t notice them unless you were really looking hard. I did inspect the vehicle before signing the papers and paying for it but apparently not good enough. I’m just absolutely floored that a vehicle that cost this much money has such lousy quality control. I’ve purchased $50,000 vehicles in the past, primarily Mercedes and Audi’s, and never had anywhere near the issues that I’ve had with this vehicle. Then on the second day of ownership, the Apple CarPlay stopped working. I learned from this forum to simply pull a couple of fuses to reboot the system. I’m just wondering what is going to go wrong next. If this is the best FCA can do, this will be my last purchase of one of their products. I honestly feel like I got ripped off. Hopefully the dealership will get these issues resolved quickly. I called and left a message for the sales manager yesterday, he has yet to call me back...
Sounds like your dealer has a teenage summer help doing PDIs

Sponsored

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door, 3.6 manual
Man, you got fucked hard! Real simple, fuck that dealership! Lawyer up tomorrow and have the lawyer contact the manager and demand a new vehicle. It has to be done as soon as possible. It sounds that the vehicle was wrecked before delivery and they just patched it up and shoved it up your ass. Fuck that brother! Fight back! The Jeep brand is alive only because of brand loyalty and not because of customer service.

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If OP owned Audis he should understand Lucas Electronics probably made the Carplay app, so it's all good.

"A good day's work and home by dark" ('cause your headlights might not work)

Seriously, sorry about your troubles. Sounds mostly cosmetic though and chrome don't get ya home.