First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
I have a question about this lift: I've read that many people do not like it because it pulls the front / rear axles out of alignment due to using the stock track bars. Are you guys just not worried about that? It seems like, to do this lift right, you need to replace the track bars with longer / adjustable ones AND also the front spring perches. People have been saying that they WILL break since the Mopar ones are cheap. What's the word on this?
Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I have a question about this lift: I've read that many people do not like it because it pulls the front / rear axles out of alignment due to using the stock track bars. Are you guys just not worried about that? It seems like, to do this lift right, you need to replace the track bars with longer / adjustable ones AND also the front spring perches. People have been saying that they WILL break since the Mopar ones are cheap. What's the word on this?
I have had my Mopar Lift on my Rubicon for about seven months with no problems. I was only about a quarter of an inch out when installed. Since then it is settled some and seems to be centered. Rides and drives great on road and off-road. The dealer installed mine and did it right. I have had many jeeps and several lits over my 66 years and this is the best riding jeep yet. Take it for what it’s worth, some people seem to experience problems but I don’t.

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I was looking at the falcon but it’s getting mixed reviews so you have a rough country but added fox shocks. That’s pretty cool
So did u just not use the rough country stabilizers or does someone sell the kit as you have it and if not do you have the part numbers for the fox shocks

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I had the lift on the jeep for under 2 weeks and replaced the perches today and my mechanic showed me the the rub marks from the bump stops on the springs. Already wore the paint off the rock krawler perches have my springs sitting perfect now and i did the rancho hd track bars. Tightened the steering right up wanders a bit but its still taking bumps really rough. Next step is a new steering stabilizer. If that doesn’t work. Adjustable lower control arms will be my next guess although im hearing the electric steering may need a flash from the dealer

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
For me, the whole reason to get a Mopar kit and have the dealer install it is to have everything work to stock specs even after the lift. I have read a lot about the Mopar lift not being that good, and that's a big hesitation point for me. I am planning on getting a lift next year so I have time to find something, but the LAST thing I want is to go to the trouble and expense of getting all that gear installed only to have a mess to clean up afterwards.

Sponsored

Bragz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu
I have the Mopar lift on my 19' JLU. It rides great. I used the rock krawler spring pads instead of the new redesigned again mopar ones. I built mine with the Rancho HD adjustable front track bar as it has better bushings to handle more vibrations and it gave me the 1/4 inch i needed to recenter the front axle. I also added the RC dual steering stabilizer and tossed the rc shocks and replaced them with Fox to match the ones in the Mopar Lift kit. I have now ordered Metal Cloak adjustable upper and lower control arms for front and rear just to add more beef to the suspension and their bushings can withstand the articulation. Also gives me the benefit in having my driveline all lined up again to my liking. Being a ASE master tech for over 20+ yrs. I just like to have my vehicles right.

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar lift on my 19' JLU. It rides great. I used the rock krawler spring pads instead of the new redesigned again mopar ones. I built mine with the Rancho HD adjustable front track bar as it has better bushings to handle more vibrations and it gave me the 1/4 inch i needed to recenter the front axle. I also added the RC dual steering stabilizer and tossed the rc shocks and replaced them with Fox to match the ones in the Mopar Lift kit. I have now ordered Metal Cloak adjustable upper and lower control arms for front and rear just to add more beef to the suspension and their bushings can withstand the articulation. Also gives me the benefit in having my driveline all lined up again to my liking. Being a ASE master tech for over 20+ yrs. I just like to have my vehicles right.

Share some photos.
Do you like the RC dual stabilizer?

Bragz

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu
Jeep Wrangler JL Realistically how high is Mopar 2" lift {filename}
Share some photos.
Do you like the RC dual stabilizer?
I do like the design of the center mount RC that bolts the shocks to the pumpkin. Its a easy swap out and with the two shocks i have no wobble, shake or shimy at all with 35" tires on the JL.

Last edited:

amantel12

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
Jeep Wrangler JL Realistically how high is Mopar 2" lift P1030096.JPG
Just had the Mopar lift installed on the wife’s JLU Sahara. It came up a solid 3”. Looks goofy on factory tires. New wheels and 315’s arrive tomorrow. As a side note, I had it in originally for steering wheel wobble (not severe). The stabilizer shock was in the bad date code range. So, the tech ordered a replacement. To my surprise, It now has a matching Fox stabilizer shock! Why they ordered it that way I don’t know.
I know this is quite awhile ago but do you remember your wife's OEM height? I just got a mopar lift installed at the dealer and forgot to measure beforehand. D'oh! Sahara, 3.6, onetouch top, tow kit.
In all honesty, I went with the 2" JL kit instead of the JLU because I'm sticking with 33"s. From reading all the forums the closest to a true 2" lift are rubicon's- and a 2dr rubicon is the same weight as a 4dr sahara.

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift
I know this is quite awhile ago but do you remember your wife's OEM height? I just got a mopar lift installed at the dealer and forgot to measure beforehand. D'oh! Sahara, 3.6, onetouch top, tow kit.
In all honesty, I went with the 2" JL kit instead of the JLU because I'm sticking with 33"s. From reading all the forums the closest to a true 2" lift are rubicon's- and a 2dr rubicon is the same weight as a 4dr sahara.
The measurements I took before and after the lift (stock tires) were at the rear flare to ground and rear door handle to ground. For rear flare (bottom) to ground I was at 37" and after lift was 40". Rear door handle was 42" before and 45" after.

Sponsored

amantel12

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Project Manager
The measurements I took before and after the lift (stock tires) were at the rear flare to ground and rear door handle to ground. For rear flare (bottom) to ground I was at 37" and after lift was 40". Rear door handle was 42" before and 45" after.
you da bomb! thank you!

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift