Realistically how high is Mopar 2" lift

GClouser

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2-Door
WOW.... I ordered Mopar springs and components... Not the complete Lift Kit and those are the same part #'s I ordered for my wife's 2dr. I was expecting 3-3.5". I planned on using the Fox shocks for a 3-4.5 lift and adding bumpstop, if a little long. Might not be a problem. Now I'm very curious to see how much we get?

I'm assuming you have a 3.6. How does it ride and what are your thoughts so far?
Sorry, just noticed your response today. :(

FWIW, yes I have a 3.6. It rides stiffer which helps with body roll, but will have you noticing bumps in the rode more. Casual comments from a couple of my occupants were "It rides more like a Jeep now!". They are definitely tuned more toward the off-road, but not uncomfortably so. Overall I like it, and plan on getting her dirty on a fairly regular basis. It's definitely designed to accommodate more weight than my nearly stock Sport model has, and I'm excited to see how it responds once I add my Roam rock sliders, steel bumpers and winch.

A side note to be filed under the "No Shit" category, with 4" of lift I've had no issues getting in and out at 6' 3", but anyone under 5' 10" will likely not feel the same.
Sponsored

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1998 TJ Sahara 4” Zone lift
A05BB199-F7DA-48D7-B414-746205C542AD.jpeg
Just had the Mopar lift installed on the wife’s JLU Sahara. It came up a solid 3”. Looks goofy on factory tires. New wheels and 315’s arrive tomorrow. As a side note, I had it in originally for steering wheel wobble (not severe). The stabilizer shock was in the bad date code range. So, the tech ordered a replacement. To my surprise, It now has a matching Fox stabilizer shock! Why they ordered it that way I don’t know.

dirtygertie_jlu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
A05BB199-F7DA-48D7-B414-746205C542AD.jpeg
Just had the Mopar lift installed on the wife’s JLU Sahara. It came up a solid 3”. Looks goofy on factory tires. New wheels and 315’s arrive tomorrow. As a side note, I had it in originally for steering wheel wobble (not severe). The stabilizer shock was in the bad date code range. So, the tech ordered a replacement. To my surprise, It now has a matching Fox stabilizer shock! Why they ordered it that way I don’t know.
Are those the factory 245/75/17?

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Got 3-1/4 inches with Mopar lift measured before and after. Had to get adjustable track bars, front and rear axles were off 3/4 inch. Drove and wheeled it for 2 weeks before I added track bars and lca’s. Also have rc dual shock stabilizer. I for one am glad I had to add parts, because now it drives better than when I brought it home. And I’m going up to 37s soon so I don’t have to worry about rubbing.

The rough country dual fit i see on the website that it needs a min of 2.5 and i was wondering if it would work with the mopar lift my jl has tons on bump steer since putting in this lift not happy it was good before I had it installed

Sponsored

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Yes it will work with Mopar lift, because you’ll get at least 2.5 inches from it, I got almost 3.5 out of mine. But if you want to mount in factory location you can get a fox or falcon stabilizer, both are excellent choices, plus they’ll give you adjustability. If and when mine fails I’ll probably get the falcon....:)

6410B5F4-CD4A-4E3E-A73F-2E9CDBCEE6DC.jpeg

22C29A12-0155-4F97-B05B-10F33CFD2B6A.jpeg
I was looking at the falcon but it’s getting mixed reviews so you have a rough country but added fox shocks. That’s pretty cool

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really happy with the stance after adding the 315’s. No bumpsteer and it rides fantastic. But- wife is complaining about having to constantly steer it on the interstate. It has drifting issues. But, we will get it figured out.

6F4EDE67-5B32-4D61-B80F-10716E4FC68F.jpeg

JeepOntheBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2018
Really happy with the stance after adding the 315’s. No bumpsteer and it rides fantastic. But- wife is complaining about having to constantly steer it on the interstate. It has drifting issues. But, we will get it figured out.

I like the setup you have on the Jeep. I have Granite JL Sahara as well. Did you re-gear? I wasn’t planning on it. I’m thinking about a similar setup. Mopar lift with 315s. Did you get the kit to reinforce the tailgate for the spare tire?

Sponsored

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the setup you have on the Jeep. I have Granite JL Sahara as well. Did you re-gear? I wasn’t planning on it. I’m thinking about a similar setup. Mopar lift with 315s. Did you get the kit to reinforce the tailgate for the spare tire?
We did not regear and honestly it does pretty well. We live in WV so lots of hills. It generally stays in 7th but it’s got plenty of oomph. As far as the tailgate, I did not reinforce. Used the Rough Country relocation bracket and put the spare on. I’ve had plenty of lifted vehicles and this is probably the most civilized.

JeepOntheBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara 2018
We did not regear and honestly it does pretty well. We live in WV so lots of hills. It generally stays in 7th but it’s got plenty of oomph. As far as the tailgate, I did not reinforce. Used the Rough Country relocation bracket and put the spare on. I’ve had plenty of lifted vehicles and this is probably the most civilized.
Thanks for the info!

edwards9298

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Wrangler

What kind of mileage do you get?

Dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)