Sponsored

Realistic lift pricing

Mr.Wiggly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
My dealer is offering 20% off oem parts for 30 days so I was thinking about grabbing the Mopar 2 inch lift with Fox shocks. I assume that’s a pretty good deal at 20% off?

That said, what are my looking at for labor? Also, can I use the stock 18s on my Sahara Altitude (the aesthetic altitude not the high altitude) or do I immediately need to upgrade?

Hopefully there is a market for these beautiful wheels if not.

Full disclosure this is predominantly an aesthetic lift. I four wheel, but nothing crazy (though I’d like to get into it more as my kids are why I bought this jeep to begin with :)).

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/m...ube-77072395af?c=bD04Jm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM=
Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
You will need to go with at least 35" tires with the lift. On a Sahara the lift is actually more like 3.5 inches. It would be 2 inches on a Rubicon. There is a much better tire selection with 17' rims. Here is a picture of my Sahara 2.0 with Mopar lift, 17' rims and 35" BFGoodrich KO2's.
Jeep Wrangler JL Realistic lift pricing Jee

Reactions: J0E

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
My first lift was installed a year ago or so for about $600 labor. The second one I did myself with friends. Much better to learn and save all that $$$ too.

OP
OP

Mr.Wiggly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
You will need to go with at least 35" tires with the lift. On a Sahara the lift is actually more like 3.5 inches. It would be 2 inches on a Rubicon. There is a much better tire selection with 17' rims. Here is a picture of my Sahara 2.0 with Mopar lift, 17' rims and 35" BFGoodrich KO2's.
Jeep Wrangler JL Realistic lift pricing Jee
I may steal this build. My jeep is triple black as well. I want some solid black rims.

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
Dealer charged me 4 hours of labor for the mopar lift install on my Gladiator. Every dealer sets their own labor rates so it will vary.

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Id just go with 17inch wheels and 35s. You say "purely aesthetic" but also "I wanna get more into wheeling".

Get your lift, get the wheels + tires, go off-road, and you'll likely get hooked.

Shop around and check for other lift kits though, you might find a better deal or a much better lift for a bit more cash. Adjustable lower control arms would greatly improve on-road driving and potentially an adjustable track bar. The LCAs that come with the mopar lift fit the stock Rubicon nicely but are too short for the lift and your caster will be low.

sherpaJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito! ~ 2022 JLUR Hydro Blue