First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler SS Sting Gray/Heritage Tan w/ 6spd, HT, Tech Pkg & Cold Pkg
Occupation
EMT/Instructor
Hello gang, Hopefully I didnt miss a thread if this has already been discussed but I am wondering if anyone can provide any insight on REAL discounts that are being given on remaining 18s on dealers lots. I see and hear something different from every dealer I talk to. Some say Chrysler is offering "friends and family" discounts that equal to about 7.3% off MSRP and some dealerships I am seeing close to 15% off. Of course those dealers give ridiculous quotes on the trade. I have my eye on an almost perfectly spec'd 18 a couple hours away but they wont budge on the discount of 7% off MSRP.
Sponsored

949 JLU

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I got 6k off on a 2018 Sahara on Superbowl Sunday. Came out to a little over 13% off msrp. They tried to lowball on the trade in but I let them know I was cross shopping the Wrangler with a Toyota 4runner and that the Toyota dealer was offering more than them on my trade in. They budged after that.

JLRuss

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I have my eye on an almost perfectly spec'd 18 a couple hours away but they wont budge on the discount of 7% off MSRP.
I placed an order at a local dealer this weekend for a 2019 and got 9.2% off MSRP. I know others are doing even better on 2019's but I didn't want to travel for it. So there's no way I'd accept a 2018 model for only 7% off MSRP.

OP
OP

jconradtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler SS Sting Gray/Heritage Tan w/ 6spd, HT, Tech Pkg & Cold Pkg
Occupation
EMT/Instructor
I placed an order at a local dealer this weekend for a 2019 and got 9.2% off MSRP. I know others are doing even better on 2019's but I didn't want to travel for it. So there's no way I'd accept a 2018 model for only 7% off MSRP.
I bit the bullet and ordered one from the factory today. I didnt get quite 9.2% off MSRP but I am getting exactly what I want and they matched the highest quote on my trades from all the other dealerships. Plus they were local so I didnt have the logistics of getting two cars to a different city 400 miles away.

kjone013

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR MOJITO! (3.6, auto, loaded)
Occupation
Army
When people are replying make sure you understand if they are talking about % off MSRP or Invoice price. I ordered a 2019 with an MSRP of $55,900. I paid 15% below MSRP. That is with $1000 Jeep loyalty discount and a $500 military discount. Without those I would have paid 12% below MSRP. For a 2018 I would take the 7%. That sounds like their invoice price and you can get better than that. If you're a member of tread lightly then you're almost guaranteed 1% below invoice.

I would suggest finding the thread in the pricing section and finding the excel somebody created that shows the invoice prices so you know where to go from there.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
You can also find the invoice price at
http://navyfederalautobuying.com/new_cars/buildvehicle.aspx?trimid=401267

You MAY be able to get a better price on a special order than an on the lot deal. There is a dealer cost to carry that inventory, however there is also an incentive to move that inventory.

PM me and I'll be happy to share my list of Incentives and discounts I've come bled together from the various posts .

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I got about $4500 off a 2019, so there’s bound to be deals on 2018s. Check the window paint in my pic.

A171475E-5402-4C26-9DDD-16EBF318F1D6.jpeg

AbeWay

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Hello gang, Hopefully I didnt miss a thread if this has already been discussed but I am wondering if anyone can provide any insight on REAL discounts that are being given on remaining 18s on dealers lots. I see and hear something different from every dealer I talk to. Some say Chrysler is offering "friends and family" discounts that equal to about 7.3% off MSRP and some dealerships I am seeing close to 15% off. Of course those dealers give ridiculous quotes on the trade. I have my eye on an almost perfectly spec'd 18 a couple hours away but they wont budge on the discount of 7% off MSRP.
When you break it down over trade in value and time spent on a lot its going to break down to what level you get. Since you're looking at a sport or a low spec sport S. That's the general where they're at for that with a trade in. You should be closer to 9-10% with a trade just make sure they knock off all the fake dealer fees and if they say they can't tell them to take it off the price.

I got another $400 off arguing the dealer plaque they refused to take off the back

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I bought off the lot Sept 2018 at 14% off this was just days after 2019 ordering opened up.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
I won’t touch a 18 for 20% .To many wobble problem ones out there.Lucky they replaced mine.And stericycle rep said he did a lot already

Sponsored

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just ordered a 19 JLUR, dealer said he could do better on a 2019 factory order then on one of the 18's on his lot.

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
I just ordered a 19 JLUR, dealer said he could do better on a 2019 factory order then on one of the 18's on his lot.
I still dont understand this...with other cars I've bought its the other way around. Very hard to come down on the price of a ordered vehicle and willing to discount significantly more a in-stock car. I understand that the more a car stays on the lot they pay taxes and fees for having them there.

Jeff1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I still dont understand this...with other cars I've bought its the other way around. Very hard to come down on the price of a ordered vehicle and willing to discount significantly more a in-stock car. I understand that the more a car stays on the lot they pay taxes and fees for having them there.
That was my thought too, they would be looking to deal on an 18 on their lot. I ended up ordering a 19 from them at a better price then the 18.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That's just a dealer playing hardball to move what's on their lot.
Sponsored