Sponsored

Real Winter rated 37" tire (with the snow flake icon)

Damwinniez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR (ordered)
Hi all,

I'm getting my JLUR soon and was wondering if you guys would know if there is any 37" tire winter rated with the snow flake icon. Reason I'm asking is that Quebec laws require us to have real winter tires.

Thanks
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Hi all,

I'm getting my JLUR soon and was wondering if you guys would know if there is any 37" tire winter rated with the snow flake icon. Reason I'm asking is that Quebec laws require us to have real winter tires.

Thanks
The stock KO2's on your Rubicon have the snowflake.

IdahoSurveyor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door 1985 Chevy M1028
OP
OP

Damwinniez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR (ordered)
The stock KO2's on your Rubicon have the snowflake.
I was looking for a Mud-Terrain tire. The KO2 is an All-Terrain. Sorry I forgot to specify that.

I purchased these in 37" and they are snowflake rated. Very similar to Goodyear Duratrac's tread design. They are manufactured in Indonesia and considerably less expensive than the Goodyears.

http://www.kanatitires.com/products/truck-tires/trail-hog/#.W7wFhVskeUk
Never heard of this brand before... How are you liking these tires?

Sponsored

IdahoSurveyor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking for a Mud-Terrain tire. The KO2 is an All-Terrain. Sorry I forgot to specify that.

I have not had the chance to use them as I am waiting for my 2019 Wrangler to be built. I have ran a set of the Duratracs before and very much liked them. I saw these and read some reviews an decided to go this way because of the cost. Right now they are just sitting in my garage waiting for a Jeep to put them on, hopefully before Christmas. The snowflake rating was very important to me as I spend about 4 months out of the year on snow an ice covered roads.

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I have not had the chance to use them as I am waiting for my 2019 Wrangler to be built. I have ran a set of the Duratracs before and very much liked them. I saw these and read some reviews an decided to go this way because of the cost. Right now they are just sitting in my garage waiting for a Jeep to put them on, hopefully before Christmas. The snowflake rating was very important to me as I spend about 4 months out of the year on snow an ice covered roads.

Thread resurrection. How do you like the tires?

IdahoSurveyor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well in a nut shell I like them a lot and I am very happy with the purchase. They are virtually the same as Duratrac’s. In my 40 years of driving I have had about 8 different brands of all terrain tires and they all have their positives and negatives but the Duratrac’s were the best all around tire for my needs. These tires balance well, track well and are indistinguishable from the Duratrac’s except for the cost.

They excel in winter driving from the others I have owned which was my primary desire in a tire. The only real negative is the light hum I get at speeds above 50 mph, the Duratrac’s do this as well. I have a 600-foot gravel drive way and the last set of BF Goodrich all terrains I had would pick up a lot rocks in the tread and fling them all over when I left my home, these tires do not. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for and all terrain tire for any truck or SUV. And if you live in the snow belt, I would highly recommend them.

When I bought them, they were about 40% less money than the Duratrac’s and that is just icing on the cake so to speak.

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Thanks for the reply. That's great to hear! My feelings are the same regarding the Duratracs. I've run many tires over the years and find that the Duratracs generally have good longevity/wear, great snow traction and do well off road.

My main concern was the quality of this lesser-known tire. For nearly half the price of similar 37" tires, it seems like they might be worth a try.

Where did you buy them from? I don't see too many places offering them (that I can tell, online).

IdahoSurveyor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

IdahoSurveyor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
The Kanati Trail Hogs

The 37" Kanati Trail Hogs I think may be the best on/off road tire I've used in 45 years. 5star both on road and off road.