Sponsored

Ready to Rumble? Magnaflow Exhaust Special!

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
Great deal! Just ordered one! Good thing I looked here, first. I almost ordered from someone else.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Sponsored

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
That's a nice deal there! If only you were offering it for the Magnaflow Crawler exhaust!

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To report back...

Received the exhaust Next Day. Can't get better than that! YMMV, however, because I'm close to the shipping point.

The installation was a horror! Wouldn't fit without modification. Same ole story. Opening was too small to fit over the OEM outlet. What BS from MagnaFlow. I read where "only 10" units were affected...that's a load of crap. 10% of total production maybe, but not just 10. That so called producation hiccup was the reason I waited as long as I did before buying one. Was hoping that would be fixed and all the problem units were long gone. WRONG!

Luckily, AutoZone allows for the rental of an outlet expander. I got the exhaust to within, say, 3/8" from seating perfectly. Close enough. I would have gotten it perfect, but I broke the damn expander trying to get it there.

Man, what a PITA. What should have been an hour long intstall at max, including opening a beer, was more than 4, probably 5!

Northridge did their job in shipping it quickly, but I should have thrown a red flag upon inspection of the box. It had been opened before and re-taped. Why, I don't know...but it was. Maybe someone had already measured the opening and sent it back or something, not wanting the hassle. Maybe I was just unlucky and got some old stock...IDK, but it was NOT a simple and quick bolt on replacement.

Now, it does look great and sound great...but your still playing Russian Roulette when getting the unit. Glad its on but highly disappointed in the fitment.

Last edited:

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@se7en A shame MF is still a mess and haven’t figured it out. Been awhile since someone reported on the install but looks just like the first guys that bought these. I am going to check into the AFE exhaust.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
@se7en,

Sorry to hear you had an issue with the fitment, we will forward this on to Magnaflow.

Our shipping crew sometimes will open packages and add extra packaging material to help stabilize the parts inside to keep them from being damaged during shipping. Not saying that's why yours had been opened, but that's a good possibility.

Sponsored

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@se7en,

Our shipping crew sometimes will open packages and add extra packaging material to help stabilize the parts inside to keep them from being damaged during shipping. Not saying that's why yours had been opened, but that's a good possibility.
Makes sense. Thanks for the followup.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@se7en,

Sorry to hear you had an issue with the fitment, we will forward this on to Magnaflow.

@Northridge4x4 - the fit issue with the Magnaflow diameter has been going on for quite some time now, I know you don’t make the mufflers but I would check a few before sending them out....

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
Hello @Northridge4x4, I believe I'd like to order this exhaust for my 2019 4 door Sahara. What info do you need from me ? Thanx !

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
@Northridge4x4 - the fit issue with the Magnaflow diameter has been going on for quite some time now, I know you don’t make the mufflers but I would check a few before sending them out....
We checked all our stock and sent back the ones affected. Magnaflow is shipping us more that are correct.
Sponsored