Sponsored

Ready or not... 2020 High Altitude JL / JLU build & price is here

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
20 inch wheels, pretty painted bumpers, no manual option... why are you buying a wrangler again?? Might as well hop in to a grand cherokee.
Never been a fan of manual transmissions myself. The last manual I had was when I was 16 and that was enough for me. I also really like the matched bumpers ever since I saw the Hauk Offroad color matched bumpers.
Sponsored

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Never been a fan of manual transmissions myself. The last manual I had was when I was 16 and that was enough for me. I also really like the matched bumpers ever since I saw the Hauk Offroad color matched bumpers.
F' the haters man I would rather drive a high altitude than 90% of the jeeps on this forum with a bunch of shitty bolt-ons and fake beadlocks.

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
This wasn’t directly directed towards you, and everyone should buy what they like. Just threw h my thought process out there. its not for me personally. I bought a wrangler to go places a regular car cant. Once you configure a wrangler to be incapable, it defeats the purpose for me.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm...not my cup of tea. Sorry.

Might as well call it the “Valet Edition.”

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep is now listing 13 wrangler variants and each is customizable within the variant. I am new to Jeep. Have they done this in the past? Seems like an amazing way to confuse buyers.
Once you know what you want to use the jeep for, it narrows it down a lot.

Sponsored

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
This wasn’t directly directed towards you, and everyone should buy what they like. Just threw h my thought process out there. its not for me personally. I bought a wrangler to go places a regular car cant. Once you configure a wrangler to be incapable, it defeats the purpose for me.
Hey I understand that for sure and agree 100%. As I stated in a previous post, I’ll be slapping some 35’s on mine and that will suit any off-roading that I plan to do, which is seldom. This is definitely no rock crawler.

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
F' the haters man I would rather drive a high altitude than 90% of the jeeps on this forum with a bunch of shitty bolt-ons and fake beadlocks.
says “f’ the haters” and continues to hate on 90% of the forum members jeeps.
Classic...

They are just peoples opinion. Thats all :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Ready or not... 2020 High Altitude JL / JLU build & price is here 733BB16B-0072-4FB7-93D2-D588A851CD78

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep is now listing 13 wrangler variants and each is customizable within the variant. I am new to Jeep. Have they done this in the past? Seems like an amazing way to confuse buyers.
No. FCA has taken “model” proliferation to new heights.

I agree, it is confusing. Most people can only remember three of anything, let alone thirteen.

I’ve been buying Wranglers for 10+ years, so by now I know what works for me. If I were new to Jeeps, I don’t know I’d want to navigate through 13 different versions to figure out what I need. Ridiculous.

My guess is FCA is trying to make up for lack of real innovations, and keep buyers interested somehow.

Thing is, if FCA really knew Wrangler owners, it would figure out that by and large we hate change. Just throw us a new color and we will happily trade in our 2-year old Wrangler for a new one.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
While I agree with your wanting to drive a high altitude, I have to disagree with your last take. I highly respect the Wrangler world and really like what these hardcore Jeepers stand for.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
says “f’ the haters” and continues to hate on 90% of the forum members jeeps.
Classic...

They are just peoples opinion. Thats all :)
Well call me a hater of haters I suppose. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. There's a lot of junk on this forum and I think a lot of people should be more careful before casting shade on angry grills or 20s since their stuff is just as bad or worse.

While I agree with your wanting to drive a high altitude, I have to disagree with your last take. I highly respect the Wrangler world and really like what these hardcore Jeepers stand for.
Where are the hardcore jeepers?

Sponsored

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Well call me a hater of haters I suppose. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. There's a lot of junk on this forum and I think a lot of people should be more careful before casting shade on angry grills or 20s since their stuff is just as bad or worse.

Where are the hardcore jeepers?
I should rephrase. I respect all Jeepers. I’m definitely with you though, I like the look of 20 inch wheels but I wouldn’t go larger. I’ve seen videos of guys on 20’s tearing up major rocks so it can be done, just not ideal.

However I also like the look of beefy tires on 17/18 inch wheels. So it’s all really a matter of preference really.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
They have done this to many models. Just look at Grand Cherokee, there are 14 variants and I bet most people can't tell the difference between Upland, Overland, Highland, and whateverland.
I can even tell the difference between an altitude, high altitude, and a recon.

FCa is making a classic mistake here IMO. folks will come in, look, get confused at all the options and LEAVE Rather than BUY Because they are overwhelmed.

it doesn’t make sense to me that 13 variants of anything, each customizable, are for sale at the same time

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Once you know what you want to use the jeep for, it narrows it down a lot.
This implies that folks actually know what they want a Jeep for. Many, perhaps most, buyers don’t. They have a reason for buying a Jeep and they also have a dream/vision/fantasy for wanting to buy one. But, with 13 variants (many within a few grand of each other), where do you start? Confusing customers with a whole boatload of variants can often result in fewer sales overall.

OP
OP

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
Do you have a plan for the 35s like tire specs, lift, even wheel spacers?

I suppose a lot of that will be based on what we/you learn about stock wheel bwckspce/offset, etc when you take delivery.

Do you have an ETA?

Pete

Hey I understand that for sure and agree 100%. As I stated in a previous post, I’ll be slapping some 35’s on mine and that will suit any off-roading that I plan to do, which is seldom. This is definitely no rock crawler.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Do you have a plan for the 35s like tire specs, lift, even wheel spacers?

I suppose a lot of that will be based on what we/you learn about stock wheel bwckspce/offset, etc when you take delivery.

Do you have an ETA?

Pete
To start, I want to add Nitto Grapplers along with a Mopar lift kit. In regards to wheel spacers and tire specs, yes it will depend on the wheel once the truck arrives.

I ordered on 4/16 and the build is still in pre production waiting to be built.
Sponsored