Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
This is what I ordered in early April.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
What’s the rationale behind such large wheels on a Jeep? Or is it just for a different aesthetic?
For me personally, I have no plans to do any rock crawling. I prefer the look of 20’s and will be upgrading to 35 inch tires. 20 inch wheels wasn’t the draw for me. I really liked the upgraded interior and color matched options.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
20" wheel are a no go for me. the color match bumpers, not sure about them either. i'm not sure that i like the overall package. i'm more on the traditional bare bone looks if the wrangler.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Jeep is now listing 13 wrangler variants and each is customizable within the variant. I am new to Jeep. Have they done this in the past? Seems like an amazing way to confuse buyers.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep is now listing 13 wrangler variants and each is customizable within the variant. I am new to Jeep. Have they done this in the past? Seems like an amazing way to confuse buyers.
They have done this to many models. Just look at Grand Cherokee, there are 14 variants and I bet most people can't tell the difference between Upland, Overland, Highland, and whateverland.

OP
OP

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
I noticed in the pre-release stuff the wheels were 20"x7.5", but in the builder they are 20"x8".

Do you - or anyone - have the offset/backspacing of these wheels so, you know, the "will these tires fit" without a lift/spacers threads?

The builder shows 275/55r20 - ALL SEASON tires - which I think is 31.8" tall - so 32" I guess. Anyone know the brand?

For me personally, I have no plans to do any rock crawling. I prefer the look of 20’s and will be upgrading to 35 inch tires. 20 inch wheels wasn’t the draw for me. I really liked the upgraded interior and color matched options.

Sponsored

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I noticed in the pre-release stuff the wheels were 20"x7.5", but in the builder they are 20"x8".

Do you - or anyone - have the offset/backspacing of these wheels so, you know, the "will these tires fit" without a lift/spacers threads?

The builder shows 275/55r20 - ALL SEASON tires - which I think is 31.8" tall - so 32" I guess. Anyone know the brand?
In all the info I’ve read from various sites, that specific information is not listed. At least not anywhere that I’ve seen.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Nothing wrong with this Jeep - it’s a factory mall crawler edition....to each their own! For me, no thank you....
Agreed. However I’ll be taking mine off-road from time to time. I’ll stay away from anything crazy with the stock tires until I get my 35’s.

KevOh93

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Industrial Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
20 inch wheels, pretty painted bumpers, no manual option... why are you buying a wrangler again?? Might as well hop in to a grand cherokee.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
those are the exact same wheels on my Grand Cherokee.
Sponsored