• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Arizona Re-post - Hopefully in the right category. - recommendations for upgrading tire/wheel WITHOUT lifting the JL Unlimited Sport S

eebdel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4dr
I have '21 Firecracker Red / Black Soft-top JL Unlimited Sport S. The tire / wheel size is 245/75R17 All-Terrain Tires. If I'm looking to upgrade the Wheel / Tire package without lifting Jeep, what are some suggestions? I'd like to stay with All-Terrain Tires. I'm trying to figure out how large I can go without lifting the Jeep and yet keep the turning lock-to-lock clear. I'm new to Jeeps and theses types of vehicles. So I'm learning all of the time.

I've been to a dealer and I didn't understand what he was talking about. I went to a tire/wheel store (Big O's Tires) and it was not really any better,.

So apparently there are a lot of things I'm not getting or understanding.
My goal - to have a wider set of tires that will not interfere with turning lock-to-lock. How wide can I go?

I'm looking for Black Wheels - I can stay 17". I think pushing to 18" might be a bit much. Does the wheel size in width change if I change the tire width?

I do not want to lift the jeep. Just looking for it to have a little more of a wider footprint stance. So what I"m looking for is some exact sizes. Can I go 285/70R17 without an issue?

What size wheel should I be looking at to keep the 17"; have some profile in case I go a little off roading, but not rock crawling at all.

So, I was looking on the jeep.com Site. Maybe I can do Moab Black wheels (17 X 7.5) - Can 285s fit without interfering lock-to-lock? If not what would that maximum width? (285X70R17C)? Off of a Rubicon. With a Moab Black Wheel.

Thanks,

Ed
Sponsored

Last edited:

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I'd personally just look for some Rubicon take-offs you like. Probably the best 'deal' you'll get and fitment won't be an issue.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
JL Rubicon or JT rubicon takeoffs. Easy to find, check the Gladiator forums too.

Roverhi

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Series 2 88
Clubs

I have '21 Firecracker Red / Black Soft-top JL Unlimited Sport S. The tire / wheel size is 245/75R17 All-Terrain Tires. If I'm looking to upgrade the Wheel / Tire package without lifting Jeep, what are some suggestions? I'd like to stay with All-Terrain Tires. I'm trying to figure out how large I can go without lifting the Jeep and yet keep the turning lock-to-lock clear. I'm new to Jeeps and theses types of vehicles. So I'm learning all of the time.
Concur on the Rubicon take offs. Cheapest way to go to a larger tire without spending a fortune. If you don't want to do a lift and want still larger tires believe switching to a Mopar high fender flare set or Rubicon take off flares will allow you to go close to 35's which you can do with stock wheels though you may need to go with wheel spacers to get full lock capability. The 33" tires will give you enough ground clearance except for hard core rock climbing.

OP
OP

eebdel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd personally just look for some Rubicon take-offs you like. Probably the best 'deal' you'll get and fitment won't be an issue.
Thank you for the reply. I looked at Rubicon Take-offs today. if I'm I'm going to make a change in wheels, then I want black wheels. I think it's a more distinctive look on the Firecracker Red exterior. But it was a cool idea. Thank you. I most likely won't be taking it off-road much, and definitely have no intention of "rock crawling". it's more of an aesthetic look.

Sponsored

OP
OP

eebdel

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Concur on the Rubicon take offs. Cheapest way to go to a larger tire without spending a fortune. If you don't want to do a lift and want still larger tires believe switching to a Mopar high fender flare set or Rubicon take off flares will allow you to go close to 35's which you can do with stock wheels though you may need to go with wheel spacers to get full lock capability. The 33" tires will give you enough ground clearance except for hard core rock climbing.
Thank you for the reply and idea. I saw some Rubicon Takeoffs today. Although they are a value, I am looking for black wheels to be distinctive in look. I also will need to do some research on what wheels are a decent wheel. I just don't want junk that could break if I do some "off-roading"...although It'll be mild I"m sure. I'm sure if I'd go "rock crawling", I'd be that guy ending up on YouTube on my side or upside down. Not my idea of fun.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
My Willys Edition came with the all black MOAB 17x7.5" wheel option. I did not care for the Firestone Destination M/T tires that came on the rig and I wanted something a bit wider and taller.

So I swapped out the Firestone 255/75R17 tires which were 32.11" tall & 10.0" wide and put on a full set of Toyo AT III tires which measure at 33.86" tall and 11.2" wide. I will be lifting it soon just to keep the tires from ripping off the fenders liners on the more challenging sections of the trails.

Before the swap:

Jeep Wrangler JL Re-post - Hopefully in the right category.  - recommendations for upgrading tire/wheel WITHOUT lifting the JL Unlimited Sport S 20210212_122637

Jeep Wrangler JL Re-post - Hopefully in the right category.  - recommendations for upgrading tire/wheel WITHOUT lifting the JL Unlimited Sport S 20210212_122730

After:

Jeep Wrangler JL Re-post - Hopefully in the right category.  - recommendations for upgrading tire/wheel WITHOUT lifting the JL Unlimited Sport S 20210304_104806

Jeep Wrangler JL Re-post - Hopefully in the right category.  - recommendations for upgrading tire/wheel WITHOUT lifting the JL Unlimited Sport S 20210304_104851
Sponsored