ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if a stock height JLU Sport will be ok on blues.
I’m tagging along tomorrow, I’m a stock height Rubicon with 34s and weighed down by Rockhard 4x4 1/4” steel bumpers, LOD Destroyer sliders, and metal cloak skid plates. I’ve done bluesmore than a few times, but I’m sure as hell glad I have the skid plates.
Could a stock height sport JLU do blues? Absolutely.
would there be some damage? Probably
Would you want to? Probably not without some protection underneath.
would I? probably not
would @DonBucket ? Yes, I believe he would. Right @quietpeen ?

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mainly blues. And greens to get to them. One guy I go with still uses only stock skid plates and goes on blacks lol. Plus you have a lift.
LOL. Yeah, I missed the black trails you guys went on, but he was fearless on the blues and Yellowjacket.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m tagging along tomorrow, I’m a stock height Rubicon with 34s and weighed down by Rockhard 4x4 1/4” steel bumpers, LOD Destroyer sliders, and metal cloak skid plates. I’ve done bluesmore than a few times, but I’m sure as hell glad I have the skid plates.
Could a stock height sport JLU do blues? Absolutely.
would there be some damage? Probably
Would you want to? Probably not without some protection underneath.
would I? probably not
would @DonBucket ? Yes, I believe he would. Right @quietpeen ?
Lmao yes @DonBucket would do them in a stock sport. The stock skid plates shockingly protect more than one would think, but you have to be will to hear the scrapes and know its the skid plates doing their job.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Thanks guys. I don’t mind the scraping on the skid plates. Was more worried about putting a hole in the oil pan. I hear there is usually a bypass for the more challenging parts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think it comes down to what the individual thinks is ok. I was with a stock height gladiator rubicon that did blues and even made it up crawler ridge.
Thanks guys. I don’t mind the scraping on the skid plates. Was more worried about putting a hole in the oil pan. I hear there is usually a bypass for the more challenging parts.
so i was thinking about this, i have the artec aluminum skid plates and it has the trans and oil pan extension. There are hardly any scrapes on that part but the skid that is right below the transfer case is the hot spot for scraping. I do have a lift though and when I first got the skid plates I was on 35’s and I have a rubi.

What tires do you have? Are they the all season’s ore are they all terrains?

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I have the wrangler AT Kevlars. The transfer case has a skid plate but it is stock.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yes 245 70 17 I think or close to that
So as you will see all over this site the sport and sahara are more capable than most people think. You are absolutely welcome to come along with us and we will do our best to get you through he trails(we can also put you toward the end of the pack so if it gets to hard we can get you turned around ahead of time). We won’t do any trails that will cause body damage but you will have to be willing to hear the bottom of your jeep scrape and more so than the rest of us.

Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Thanks I appreciate that. I won’t be able to come out till next weekend. I had some other crap come up I have to deal with. (Work related). If you guys are going next weekend I’m in.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks I appreciate that. I won’t be able to come out till next weekend. I had some other crap come up I have to deal with. (Work related). If you guys are going next weekend I’m in.
Mount Zion Off-road shop is having a group go out Sunday. Meet at Rausch at 10

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Mount Zion Off-road shop is having a group go out Sunday. Meet at Rausch at 10
Not that you are not welcome to come with us because I’m guessing we will be there next weekend, but if you can’t go till next weekend the group with Mount Zion might be better for you to start off with.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Not that you are not welcome to come with us because I’m guessing we will be there next weekend, but if you can’t go till next weekend the group with Mount Zion might be better for you to start off with.
I heard they are a good group. I’m planning on doing that. It’ll be good to meet all the different people. I plan on making it a few times a month going forward.
Sponsored