OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I took the Offroad Consultants 101 with a 2.5" lift and 33" tires, didn't have a problem.

I then took the 201 class in an unmodified Jeep, didn't have a problem.

Before I embarass myself, how does someone with my minimal experience hook up with other Roasch folks?

PS, I drove an M151 Mut in the US Army in 79-85, and I probably slent in a Holiday Inn or two. :)

Thanks,
Don
You can start a thread on here and try to get people to go , On the Rausch facebook page you can post about trying to get a group on a certain day. More risky you can just show up and ask people if they mind you tagging along.
Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just read through this thread, including quietpeen's 101 thread, and can't wait to get there.

Do any of you guys continue going later on the year? Because of my 6 day work week, I can't get away until my off season that usually starts around end of October/early November. I'd like to take the multiple classes, with extra riding until dusk.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just read through this thread, including quietpeen's 101 thread, and can't wait to get there.

Do any of you guys continue going later on the year? Because of my 6 day work week, I can't get away until my off season that usually starts around end of October/early November. I'd like to take the multiple classes, with extra riding until dusk.
I have a season pass so I will definitely be there in October and November.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a season pass so I will definitely be there in October and November.
Nice! I'll definitely reach out to you as soon as i can lock in some dates. Looking to stay there for at least 2 weeks, so I can explore Rausch and AOAA.

Off roading is illegal in New York, so I've been spending my free time getting the Jeep ready to play. All steering and suspension has been beefed up, but I'm going a bit backwards right now to switch my current 2" lift out for a 3.5". Than its just in board air, winch and recovery, lighting, and deciding between a hinged carrier and bumper or a combo.

Thanks for the response!

Sponsored

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nice! I'll definitely reach out to you as soon as i can lock in some dates. Looking to stay there for at least 2 weeks, so I can explore Rausch and AOAA.

Off roading is illegal in New York, so I've been spending my free time getting the Jeep ready to play. All steering and suspension has been beefed up, but I'm going a bit backwards right now to switch my current 2" lift out for a 3.5". Than its just in board air, winch and recovery, lighting, and deciding between a hinged carrier and bumper or a combo.

Thanks for the response!
sounds like you will be ready to jump right in on Black trails :CWL:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like you will be ready to jump right in on Black trails :CWL:
Hahaha! The Jeep will most definitely be more ready than its driver. Lol

This is my first wrangler and I've never done more than lighter trails and some blazing years ago with a stock high miled 1980 f250 4x4.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

This is my first wrangler and I've never done more than lighter trails and some blazing years ago with a stock high miled 1980 f250 4x4.
This is my first jeep also and I quickly was addicted.. Greens are great at Rausch because they do have some varying degree of difficulty. I will say with how capable your jeep will be you will find that greens get boring quickly.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Let me know when you plan to visit and will plan to join you. Also want to do famous reading to see the leaf change.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm gonna try to get myself booked into at least the 101 and 201 classes at the beginning of my stay there, than have another 2ish weeks to cover as much ground as possible.

I should be set up similar to you by the time I get there. If you're around and don't mind a noob in your rearview, I'm willing to follow as best I can on whatever trail.

Sponsored

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm gonna try to get myself booked into at least the 101 and 201 classes at the beginning of my stay there, than have another 2ish weeks to cover as much ground as possible.

I should be set up similar to you by the time I get there. If you're around and don't mind a noob in your rearview, I'm willing to follow as best I can on whatever trail.
Wouldn't mind it at all

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know when you plan to visit and will plan to join you. Also want to do famous reading to see the leaf change.
Awesome, I definitely will! I feel like the lone soldier at a distant outpost. Lots of jeeps are local, but next to no one who's interested in anything beyond a beach permit to shorten their walk to the water. You'd think I was driving an alien spaceship because of the looks I get ever since putting on the 38's. Lol

It'll be a great pleasure to meet some like minded people, while enjoying nature and the jeeps that get us there.

Thanks for responding!

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

the 101 class is great. I've heard 202 is also and definitely worth taking, I never took it though. I ended up just spending the money on going to Rausch and AOAA and progressively trying harder trails.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the 101 class is great. I've heard 202 is also and definitely worth taking, I never took it though. I ended up just spending the money on going to Rausch and AOAA and progressively trying harder trails.
If I can't schedule them on back to back days, I may end up doing the same as you. Take it easy and not bite off more than I can chew. That's one of the reasons why I want to spend 2 to 3 weeks there. I plan on spending most of that time off road, so will be able to find a happy pace without any rush because of a time crunch.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If I can't schedule them on back to back days, I may end up doing the same as you. Take it easy and not bite off more than I can chew. That's one of the reasons why I want to spend 2 to 3 weeks there. I plan on spending most of that time off road, so will be able to find a happy pace without any rush because of a time crunch.
you can also do their guided tours which cost less than the class. You won't get the "training" but you get experience and have them to spot you over any harder terrain.
Sponsored