www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

to get a locker front and rear and re-gear the stock sport axels with ARB air lockers your looking at roughly 3000-3500 bucks If you do front and rear lockers. if not then your closer to 2500. with just a rear locker. best price ive seen for the rubi take off is 4 grand. but youll need to add wiring and the aux switches for the lockers with the mopar aux switch relay kit is 350ish at quadratech.com so you gotta add that cost to.... all for 1.5" wider axle and the slightly larger brake system. just keep that in mind. i decided to just go with a re-gear on my sport to 4.10s and add a single rear ARB locker come up in the near future. I did install all rubi take off wheels and tires with the rubi suspension so i figure id go to stock rubi gearing and the air locker. ill be install all the air components myself prior to getting a shop to do the gearing and locker install as i dont have the proper gauge to install that stuff. good luck!
Sponsored

lulzky

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I know this thread is several months old, and I'm a newbie-baby-jeeper, but I was wondering...

I have a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL.
Could someone correct this shopping list of mine, as I'm considering updating my drivetrain so as to more reliably run 37"+s:

If I'm way off and the OEM equipment can handle 37" Panagonias, please let me know, or if there are maybe other things I'm missing, or really anything else. This was the closest thread I could find to what I'm currently seeking wisdom for.

Thank you so much!

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I wheel my sport aggressively and replaced the M186 with a PR44 to safety run 35s. I would be wary of 37s on the M186 unless it’s a street only Jeep.
If you have an M220 rear (that’s what I have) you won’t have to swap that to run 37s, but the M200 might be a stretch on 37s. Others may have more actual experience than I do with the M200 though.

lulzky

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I wheel my sport aggressively and replaced the M186 with a PR44 to safety run 35s. I would be wary of 37s on the M186 unless it’s a street only Jeep.
If you have an M220 rear (that’s what I have) you won’t have to swap that to run 37s, but the M200 might be a stretch on 37s. Others may have more actual experience than I do with the M200 though.
I appreciate the details! I do have the M186/M200. I did some more searching this AM and found https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...gearing-experiences.44920/page-2#post-1023535

I am interested now in maybe just putting a few hundred miles on the 37”s with a steering stabilizer and see how it does. I’ll post back here afterwards

lulzky

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Well, I've put about 200 street miles on it, and all I've noticed so far is 8th gear is rare; I have to be going pretty fast to slap into 8, but other than that I've been averaging ~16.5mpg and had no issues. I've not yet aired-down and taken it into the Umatilla, but I should be headed there in the next two or three weeks and will update again.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
you still running the pro rock 44 with the M220 rear?