Sponsored

RC 2.5 Spacer on JLUR Diesel, worth it to do some longer LCA?

diamondschwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Blue JLUR, 2021 Billet Silver JLURD
I’m doing the RC budget boost to help tire clearance after adding bumper winch and gear on stock rubicon diesel suspension. Don’t have money to get into the setup I really want so this will have to do for now.

I can pickup the longer mopar front LCAs for 60 a pair. Is it worth installing those too? Just want to make sure I have enough caster.

this isn’t my first solid axle build (I have an 80 series Land Cruiser) but my first Jeep, not sure how much specs shift on these.
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I’m doing the RC budget boost to help tire clearance after adding bumper winch and gear on stock rubicon diesel suspension. Don’t have money to get into the setup I really want so this will have to do for now.

I can pickup the longer mopar front LCAs for 60 a pair. Is it worth installing those too? Just want to make sure I have enough caster.

this isn’t my first solid axle build (I have an 80 series Land Cruiser) but my first Jeep, not sure how much specs shift on these.
Adding Mopar lift LCAs is a great decision. This will increase your caster and improve your steering feel. This was a big part of resolving my steering issues (Rubicon factory suspension).

Others on the forum also suggest going with adjustable LCAs. This makes sense if you are planning on a bigger lift in the future.

Last edited:

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
My jeep started life with a RC 2.5, but I added adj lower control arms, and adj front and rear trac bars to dial steering in, also knowing that I would eventually go to a larger lift.
Mopars should be fine, but if you want it perfect, get the adjustables.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Best to get front adjustable lower control arms and both track bars from the company you're really interested in. The Mopar lift arms probably won't get you to the happy caster zone of 6-6.5°.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
Best to get front adjustable lower control arms and both track bars from the company you're really interested in. The Mopar lift arms probably won't get you to the happy caster zone of 6-6.5°.
But they are zero maintenance, which is a benefit vs. most adjustable arms.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But they are zero maintenance, which is a benefit vs. most adjustable arms.
I currently have all Synergy arms, which aren't great for much flexing, so as soon as it gets warmer out, I'll be swapping them for the set of Metalcloak arms that I've been sitting on. Both are zero maintenance, and so are some others.

Adjustability isn't the only benefit of going with aftermarket control arms, track bars, and steering linkages. Assuming you go with a quality brand, the bushings will be of a higher quality that are more resilient to time and/or abuse. Also, the arms/bars/linkages are far more stout and resistant to flexing under both on and off road forces.

Adding taller tires and/or suspension, also increases the leverage forces between the ground and the body of the Jeep. That goes for on and off road. Beefing up the connection points between the two will not only resist those forces, but will also make the Jeep feel more solid and planted.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I currently have all Synergy arms, which aren't great for much flexing, so as soon as it gets warmer out, I'll be swapping them for the set of Metalcloak arms that I've been sitting on. Both are zero maintenance, and so are some others.

Adjustability isn't the only benefit of going with aftermarket control arms, track bars, and steering linkages. Assuming you go with a quality brand, the bushings will be of a higher quality that are more resilient to time and/or abuse. Also, the arms/bars/linkages are far more stout and resistant to flexing under both on and off road forces.

Adding taller tires and/or suspension, also increases the leverage forces between the ground and the body of the Jeep. That goes for on and off road. Beefing up the connection points between the two will not only resist those forces, but will also make the Jeep feel more solid and planted.
Why are you switching your Synergy arms to MC?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you switching your Synergy arms to MC?
I added the synergy arms to my 1st lift, the 2" Dynatrac Endurosport. I decided to go bigger with the 3.5" Gamechanger, but the synergy control arms aren't designed for this amount of suspension travel. They're actually fighting full flex, so rather than wait to see what fails first, I wanted to pull them. Plus, they're still in near new condition and would better serve someone looking for a slamming deal.

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I added the synergy arms to my 1st lift, the 2" Dynatrac Endurosport. I decided to go bigger with the 3.5" Gamechanger, but the synergy control arms aren't designed for this amount of suspension travel. They're actually fighting full flex, so rather than wait to see what fails first, I wanted to pull them. Plus, they're still in near new condition and would better serve someone looking for a slamming deal.
Gotcha, kind of why I was asking, but they wouldn't work for me either. I have Synergy 3.5" springs. I have RC adj front lowers, and they have worked very well, but was looking at replacing all 8 for more adjustability.
Sponsored