OP
OP
Rubi6mt

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
Today was my first time at Rausch Creek Off Road Park, wheeling in private guided tour with Off Road Consulting, which is a 1st Class Organization. I learned a lot today, thanks to our buddy Joe B. Nailed 2 Badges of Honor Trails: Trail 11 & Crawler Ridge without breaking anything! Definitely coming back for more!
4B0A4B18-354D-4AD9-B537-0870C7D21369.jpeg
F0C877A6-FECD-4CE0-850D-394246FC7EF4.jpeg
ACB654F8-DACB-4CDB-87CD-54EABD7D01C2.jpeg
B478CFD7-3AB2-4594-B051-5AADEB4962FC.jpeg
9F5DB07B-D8A6-439D-9992-D634D702708B.jpeg
4E576B6F-212E-42B2-9686-1D2E8FE6D86E.jpeg
8DCF72D2-9724-4CBC-825F-790D36890CDF.jpeg
A364174F-1BFB-481A-AF84-6BC9BAFE4500.jpeg
Congrats and awesome looking Jeep! The third picture is that the trail 11 shortcut? That was a fun one.

Heading back out in a month with a couple buddies to do crawler ridge and explore other sections at Rausch.
Sponsored

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats and awesome looking Jeep! The third picture is that the trail 11 shortcut? That was a fun one.

Heading back out in a month with a couple buddies to do crawler ridge and explore other sections at Rausch.
I believe 2nd & 3rd pics are Crawler Ridge

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Now that you've become more comfortable with the manual off-road, you know that there is absolutely nothing an auto will do that the manual won't. Jeep nailed it with the gearing and everything.

Great report, and nice Jeep!
I kind of disagree with this DanW. I don't think you can comfortably drink coffee, while wheeling difficult trails with the manual. Sure you can go the same places. But, rock climbing while sipping coffee is not a viable option with the manual.

Maybe coffee is just higher on my priority list than it is for others.......... I might be that guy. When I test drove the manual, I though to myself, Fuck I could never drive this Jeep and drink coffee. lol.

By the way, I love Rausch Creek, one of my favorite places to wheel east of the Mississippi River. The trails are marked great. The electronic map is awesome and accurate. The place was clean and there are trails for all types of Jeeps.

This is my favorite pic from Rausch Creek. My wife almost filped the JLUR over backwards. Just prior to the pic being taken, both front tires were off the ground and going over. I was able to grab ahold of the window opening on the driver side as the Jeep reared up to go over backwards. I weighed at that time about 345 pounds. It picked me up about 2 feet off the ground before is stoped and dropped back down on to one front tire. If you look at the rear passenger wheel, you will see one of my buds stacking rocks to decrease the angle and allow my wife to back down off the ledge without flipping over.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek Trail 11 completed, a few thoughts on JLUR 6-speed manual 1621085095920

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Wibornz 😂, I rolled my XJ right there. Slipped off the side, ended up on my side. Slid a few more feet and bam I was on my roof.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I kind of disagree with this DanW. I don't think you can comfortably drink coffee, while wheeling difficult trails with the manual. Sure you can go the same places. But, rock climbing while sipping coffee is not a viable option with the manual.

Maybe coffee is just higher on my priority list than it is for others.......... I might be that guy. When I test drove the manual, I though to myself, Fuck I could never drive this Jeep and drink coffee. lol.

By the way, I love Rausch Creek, one of my favorite places to wheel east of the Mississippi River. The trails are marked great. The electronic map is awesome and accurate. The place was clean and there are trails for all types of Jeeps.

This is my favorite pic from Rausch Creek. My wife almost filped the JLUR over backwards. Just prior to the pic being taken, both front tires were off the ground and going over. I was able to grab ahold of the window opening on the driver side as the Jeep reared up to go over backwards. I weighed at that time about 345 pounds. It picked me up about 2 feet off the ground before is stoped and dropped back down on to one front tire. If you look at the rear passenger wheel, you will see one of my buds stacking rocks to decrease the angle and allow my wife to back down off the ledge without flipping over.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek Trail 11 completed, a few thoughts on JLUR 6-speed manual 1621085095920
If that’s the same section @chevymitchell (Shawn), @UNC Rubicon (Bret), and I did; I think we went more to the left? We also we’re running out of daylight and just wanted to do one more large climb before making out way out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi6mt

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
What it looked like 2 months later (photo is actually a year later)

D27FDF1E-B5B2-430E-8284-6C212A4493F2.jpeg

OP
OP
Rubi6mt

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek Trail 11 completed, a few thoughts on JLUR 6-speed manual D27FDF1E-B5B2-430E-8284-6C212A4493F2
The beauty about the Jeeps is that they give you a choice between auto and manual.

For me it was not a matter of which is better under different scenarios but which I would enjoy more based on my criteria....hence I got the 6 speed 😁

That incline looks insane! My goal is to wheel the JLUR to its stock configuration capabilities and enjoy it as much as I can.

Hats off to you all who take the Jeeps to the next step.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The beauty about the Jeeps is that they give you a choice between auto and manual.

For me it was not a matter of which is better under different scenarios but which I would enjoy more based on my criteria....hence I got the 6 speed 😁

That incline looks insane! My goal is to wheel the JLUR to its stock configuration capabilities and enjoy it as much as I can.

years ago when coffee was not as important, I would have bought the manual. I have owned many manuals over the year. As I got older, my priorities changed. For instance, I will not buy a vehicle with out a heated steering wheel and heated seats. Drove home topless and without doors last night in 49 degree weather. Seats on, heated steering wheel on, and heat on full blast with the vents pointed on my. Was comfy for the 20+ mile drive. A younger me would have just said fuck it, and suffered through it. Not anymore.

I don't throw shade to anyones, choice of vehicle. They should buy what they want. Just know that the stock Rubicon is very capable.

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
years ago when coffee was not as important, I would have bought the manual. I have owned many manuals over the year. As I got older, my priorities changed. For instance, I will not buy a vehicle with out a heated steering wheel and heated seats. Drove home topless and without doors last night in 49 degree weather. Seats on, heated steering wheel on, and heat on full blast with the vents pointed on my. Was comfy for the 20+ mile drive. A younger me would have just said fuck it, and suffered through it. Not anymore.

I don't throw shade to anyones, choice of vehicle. They should buy what they want. Just know that the stock Rubicon is very capable.
I didn’t get a heated steering or heated seats and miss it… and I live in NC. Could only imagine what MI is like :giggle:

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

It’s a pretty steep incline, there is/was an even steeper line to the left of it if I recall correctly.

What kills it is the least steep line has a nice ledge that you need to bump over. What got me was early morning dew on the granite.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek Trail 11 completed, a few thoughts on JLUR 6-speed manual D27FDF1E-B5B2-430E-8284-6C212A4493F2
🤣Ok, you've got a major point there!
Sponsored