Sponsored

Rausch Creek, Anyone?

SmittyAFJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sahara
Just stick to the greens and you should have no issues, and even some blues would be ok.
Thanks. hopefully will get out sometime before winter hits. have a buddy with a 4Runner that wants to go also.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Thanks. hopefully will get out sometime before winter hits. have a buddy with a 4Runner that wants to go also.
I encourage a first timer to sign up with the off-road consulting guided trail ride. For $30 plus park entry it is a good introduction to RC.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I will be at Rausch Creek wheeling on Oct. 23rd and 24th. There will be five Jeeps and nine people. We will be camping there. We will arrive on the 22nd.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I will be at Rausch Creek wheeling on Oct. 23rd and 24th. There will be five Jeeps and nine people. We will be camping there. We will arrive on the 22nd.
Sh!t, I had plans with the family but let me see if I can swing one of those days as would love to meet you. You, along with a select few others, have been my source of Jeep wisdom on here.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Very cool. What level trails will you all be hitting?

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Very cool. What level trails will you all be hitting?
It is our first time there. Our goal of course is to do all of the badge trails first and then kind of play it by ear. Need to get the feel for the place. We have done, Windrock, Moab, Rubicon Trail and many more, so our skill set is up to the capability of a lifted JLUR on 37s. I would gladly take recommendations for trails to run.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
It is our first time there. Our goal of course is to do all of the badge trails first and then kind of play it by ear. Need to get the feel for the place. We have done, Windrock, Moab, Rubicon Trail and many more, so our skill set is up to the capability of a lifted JLUR on 37s. I would gladly take recommendations for trails to run.
You're well above my capabilities, but I'm sure there are others who could give you recommendations. Have a great time!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Do the 3 TOH trails. 2 are easy, the 3rd is not that bad and not an issue for you. I would say even skip the 2 easy ones if your are not a ToH collector.

Cemetery is a tough trail, see the LiteBright video as they just did the park and point out some of the neat trails.

Also you can checkout the Topless for TaTa's, and a couple of the other ones. Also the LEO trail maybe interesting to you - it's all dedicated to fallen LEO with tributes along the route.

OP
OP
Sparky1352

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Mind if I tag along on the 24th?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mind if I tag along on the 24th?
Nope, you can tag along. We are camping right at Rausch Creek. We should be easy to find. These are the Jeeps to look for.

Mine should be easy to spot. There is also a 1941 on the hood. A bunch of badges on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1602872636517

Bill's Punk'N and Phil's stingray grey. Ask Phil what color he plans to paint his primer grey Jeep. It is a long running joke.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1602872931544

And this custom painted JKUR.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1602873077921

and a Blue JLUR with a roof top tent.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1602873433117

Bill's Camper
Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1602872774993

Sponsored

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
Was just up there for the Krawling for K9's event. There were over 500 rigs there. It was super crowded out on the trails.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Was just up there for the Krawling for K9's event. There were over 500 rigs there. It was super crowded out on the trails.
Yeah, that and the ta-ta event are usually crowded. Not a point going to wheel, but to watch the show.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Here is some pics from Rausch Creek wheeling.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1603709279652

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1603709304477

This is my wife almost fliping the Jeep over. The picture does not show how steep the climb is or that the drivers front tire is almost 3 feet off the ground.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1603709400520

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1603709446819

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? 1603709550173

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Rausch Creek is a great place to wheel. The trails are well mapped and coded correctly. Fun to drive. There are plenty of challenging spots. The trails are most the most part maintained so you don't get pinstriping. They have a downloadable map that works with GPS for free and it works great. The camping is free after buying the membership. It was not super muddy. There were spots that you could get muddy though. We were there from Thursday to Sunday. Did not meet one bad or negative person. I would defiantly go back.

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
hey @wibornz, maybe this is better suited to a separate thread, but I'd love to get your feedback/experience with long distance traveling with a trailer. More specifically, what your experience has been traveling, setting up camp, theft determent, etc. My wife and I have been kicking around the idea of a travel trailer for some time now, but I'm paranoid by nature and would love to learn more about the nuts-and-bolts of what you do with it when you 'de-attach'. Obviously you're not trailering down the trails (at least it doesn't appear that way) and learning more about life with the trailer would be awesome!
Sponsored