Rausch Creek, Anyone?

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Anyone planning to or wanting to meet up for Rausch Creek and get some badges this weekend? Looking to do Green trails Saturday or Sunday.
Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Anyone planning to or wanting to meet up for Rausch Creek and get some badges this weekend? Looking to do Green trails Saturday or Sunday.
Badges?? What badges are available from doing Rausch Creek? Will be there on Sunday.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Badges?? What badges are available from doing Rausch Creek? Will be there on Sunday.
Trail #11
Crawler Ridge
I did these two in 2 Door Rubi - stock lift/tires

Crawl Daddy - this is for highly modified rigs

The weather looked rainy all day on Sunday. Might be interested if outlook brightens.

OP
OP
Sparky1352

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Three badges available for running trails there; Trail #11, Crawl Daddy, and Crawler Ridge.

The the first one is a green trail and suited for stock rigs. The other two are red or blue and not recommended for stock rigs w/o 35’s and a 2 inch lift at a minimum.

I definitely want to hit Trail #11. I’d need to see the other two before deciding if I’ll give them a shot in my stock JLUR (I probably won’t).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sparky1352

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Trail #11
Crawler Ridge
I did these two in 2 Door Rubi - stock lift/tires

Crawl Daddy - this is for highly modified rigs

The weather looked rainy all day on Sunday. Might be interested if outlook brightens.
Thanks for the insight! That’s encouraging to hear about Crawler Ridge.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the insight! That’s encouraging to hear about Crawler Ridge.
Crawler Ridge has a couple accents. The left is less dramatic vertical climbing but more obstacles. The right less obstacles but more climbing. Don't rule it out, definitely scope out and make a decision.

Adding - if you go left as i did with a stock setup you should probably have diff armor and rock rails. I also needed to use both lockers

Last edited:

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
Good info. How do you get these badges after running the trails? Sorry, I've only off-roaded in Nissans before. This is my first real Jeep. (My diesel Liberty doesn't count!)

OP
OP
Sparky1352

Sparky1352

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Recon
Download the Badges of Honor app by Jeep. After you register on the app, you’ll be able to see all the trails they have badges for. They’ll send you a badge after you check in and complete a trail. All for free.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Good info. How do you get these badges after running the trails? Sorry, I've only off-roaded in Nissans before. This is my first real Jeep. (My diesel Liberty doesn't count!)
Download the Jeep Badge of Honor app. When you get to start of trail, lookup up trail on app and hit Check In. Then afterwards you request badges and they ship to you.

Also, download another app called Maprika. You can search for Rausch maps (there are two, main RC area and Northeast RC area). Use these to navigate around. There's a start track option which marks your route

Jeep Wrangler JL Rausch Creek, Anyone? Screenshot_20201009-094323

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Download the Jeep Badge of Honor app. When you get to start of trail, lookup up trail on app and hit Check In. Then afterwards you request badges and they ship to you.

Also, download another app called Maprika. You can search for Rausch maps (there are two, main RC area and Northeast RC area). Use these to navigate around. There's a start track option which marks your route

Screenshot_20201009-094323.jpg
Maprika looks like a ski resort app for iOS. Is that what it’s marketed for on Android or is the iOS app just lacking?

Edit: I just downloaded it and there’s a lot more in the app that in advertises. Thanks for the suggestion.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
I completed my first trip to Rausch Creek and our group tackled all 3 badge runs. I was the only one with lockers and only used the rear locker, though I didn't need to as all of our group made it with no need for tow straps or winch use. A couple of teens trading off driving on a Sport Unlimited did an amazing jobs considering it was their first time driving off-road and they aren't old enough for driver's licenses. Several of us traded off spotter duties and there were some minimal damage reports including rock rash on wheels, a side step got a dent, and some back country pinstriping. Oh yeah, and mud! :) Can't wait to go back or try another trail. Maybe Peter's Run in VA

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I am free this weekend! Good change I can make it to RC.

It looks like there is an event there (Krawling for K9's) on Saturday, so not sure what the traffic might look like.....

SmittyAFJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sahara
I'm looking to go at some point but just had questions on how the trails are for stock height JLU Sahara's? I did recently order some Rubicon take offs that will be here next week and will give about an inch more clearance.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'm looking to go at some point but just had questions on how the trails are for stock height JLU Sahara's? I did recently order some Rubicon take offs that will be here next week and will give about an inch more clearance.
Just stick to the greens and you should have no issues, and even some blues would be ok.
Sponsored