zeppdogg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Altitude Edition
Hello Everyone!

New Jeep owner here I'm going to be taking the 101 class on August 29th.

Anyone else taking it on that day or has taken it in the past, how is it?
Sponsored

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
I’ve done the 101, 201 and a 301 with them. Well worth the $$ if you ask me.

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’m also a newer Jeep owner. We took the 101 class just about a year ago after purchasing in May. Well worth the money and time. Kyle is great, and it’s a wonderful opportunity to get your feet wet and experience what your jeep can do (in an environment knowing that your jeep is 200% capable of doing everything). It’s one thing to wonder if both man and machine can get through something, it’s completely different when the 101 class is basically built to expand your mind to understand and feel what the Jeep can do without worrying if the Jeep can make it.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
By the time I saw your original post and looked into it, that date was already filled. I definitely want to get out there soon to see what it's like! Did you need any extra mods (CB, skid plates, etc) to your Jeep, or were you able to run as is?

Sponsored

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
By the time I saw your original post and looked into it, that date was already filled. I definitely want to get out there soon to see what it's like! Did you need any extra mods (CB, skid plates, etc) to your Jeep, or were you able to run as is?
Nothing is needed.

OP
OP
zeppdogg

zeppdogg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you really need nothing. I have the altitude editon so my tires are a little bigger but all I did was knick my skids maybe 3 times and it was all due to driver error. The whole class is about how you are the variable not your vechile. Great experience.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Nothing is needed.
Yeah you really need nothing. I have the altitude editon so my tires are a little bigger but all I did was knick my skids maybe 3 times and it was all due to driver error. The whole class is about how you are the variable not your vechile. Great experience.
Awesome, thanks for the info! Definitely going to look for the next available 101 course and try to book myself on it.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I wouldn’t really call nicking your skids driver error. That’s exactly what they are there for. You just can’t see and avoid every rock, and if you get more into wheeling and do harder trails it’s a sound you have to get comfortable with.

OP
OP
zeppdogg

zeppdogg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn’t really call nicking your skids driver error. That’s exactly what they are there for. You just can’t see and avoid every rock, and if you get more into wheeling and do harder trails it’s a sound you have to get comfortable with.
Yeah j ag
Yeah I agree. The only time it was my fault was over the first mount I went too fast but the other times it was probably unavoidable. The first couple of times I heard it it was nerve racking. But then I understood that its going to happen anyway and the car was designed with that in mind.
Sponsored