Rausch Creek 101 Class this Saturday 8-24-2019

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
Yeah it’s green trails, I think we did an easy blue here and there. He talks about the trail ratings and how you can’t really go by them. You will be fine though. I was in the same boat as you but if your going to be doing any off-roading I think the 201 is well well well worth it. You would be surprised what you capable of doing. Thought the 101 showed you some cool stuff. It doesn’t even compare.
Sponsored

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just looked and the only 201 classes left this year are at AOAA. That's not a bad thing just makes it a 2 hour drive for me instead of the 1.5 hour drive to Rausch

Last edited:

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
I’d like to try out AOAA. Looks like a good place. I’m going down for the badge of honor ride next.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’d like to try out AOAA. Looks like a good place. I’m going down for the badge of honor ride next.
the guided one from offroad consulting? Aren't the badge of honor trails at Rausch pretty technical trails?

Last edited:

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon in Ocean Blue Metallic
the guided one from offroad consulting? Aren't the badge of honor trails at Raush pretty technical trails?
Trail #11 isn't overly hard. Maybe a light blue (rated 2-4), but Crawler Ridge and Crawl Daddy are serious trails. I think both trails are red in RC's ranking. I think they are both rated in the app 5-9 and I can tell you they are serious trails. You will need to be experienced, in a built rig on 37s to be safe, and have a really good spotter.

Sponsored

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
the guided one from offroad consulting? Aren't the badge of honor trails at Raush pretty technical trails?
yeah at Rausch. They are not the easiest. Trail 11 isn’t bad, crawler ridge is not the easiest. And crawl daddy is hard. But talking with him yesterday he said the 2 are doable

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
yeah at Rausch. They are not the easiest. Trail 11 isn’t bad, crawler ridge is not the easiest. And crawl daddy is hard. But talking with him yesterday he said the 2 are doable
that's cool, are you stock or slightly modified?

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
I’m in a 2019 2 door sport 6 speed with 33’s and 2.5” lift. My wheelbase helps a lot, but I think your rubi will have no issues

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
We were there in that class too! I didn’t even think to check the local section here before the trip. We were in the silver JLU Sahara. What a blast! I highly recommend the class. It was really great getting our feet wet off-roading in a controlled environment, especially knowing everything could be done a full stock Jeep. The wife is already taking about signing up for the 201.

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
We were there in that class too! I didn’t even think to check the local section here before the trip. We were in the silver JLU Sahara. What a blast! I highly recommend the class. It was really great getting our feet wet off-roading in a controlled environment, especially knowing everything could be done a full stock Jeep. The wife is already taking about signing up for the 201.
I'm definitely considering the 201 class also.

in the mean time I am going to AOAA this Saturday to hit some greens and less technical blue trails.

Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’d love to hear how it goes at AOAA on those trails. I think the only remaining 201 session for the rest of 2019 is at AOAA.

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
If you liked the 101, you’ll love the 201. It was definitely worth it! I’m going down next next week to AOAA for a 301 class

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Wow, I'm reading this and pining for an off road park closer to home...

ANY Wrangler will do Trail#11 a RC. The whole trail is long, but fun with a group. We navigated Crawler Ridge with a stock Rubicon, but did not come off unscathed. Tire damage, wheel damage, a lot of scraping, but it was a lot of fun too! A good spotter is the key in my opinion. If you have passengers, they'll get bored. There was a brand new Gladiator in my group and I had to winch him off the rocks. RC trails were very technical and obstacles are hiding everywhere! I wear my two Jeep BoH badges proudly! When I give my ride a lift and better armour, I'll give Crawl Daddy a try!

AOAA trails were much more groomed. It's a good place to just wander around. I was there on a Wednesday and there were exactly 4 vehicles in the whole park.

Compared to the mud wheeling we do in upstate NY, I really like the rocks of both those parks!

OP
OP
quietpeen

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’d love to hear how it goes at AOAA on those trails. I think the only remaining 201 session for the rest of 2019 is at AOAA.
AOAA was good. Some of the greens are very rocky. We went on one blue that was pretty cool. It was steep and obviously a little more challenging. We started going on another blue one but it looked like a lot of bigger rocks and the guy I was with didn’t want to risk it and I was fine with that.