First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Looks awesome! I sure don’t want to be the oncoming car when you decide to light up the night.
Off-road or empty back roads only for sure!
Sponsored

XAMfed

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If I didn’t just buy the Warn low bar, I would have bought this. I love how clean it looks

Justin836

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unl
Here is my Ratus Hoop.

I’ve been out wheeling a couple of times with the Ratus guys. Both Josh and Rob are stand up guys, lots of fun, and do amazing work.

I actually chatted with them about the website. They are aware, and working on getting a fully redesigned website up soon!

EA897278-6E91-4104-B156-4F068C425EB4.jpeg

37FF6465-E1C9-4FBA-8EB5-4AFF151FDD01.jpeg

37B99066-9E0C-44A4-A15D-7DA3BC457BBA.jpeg

A750C415-C189-4FB9-A9A1-D4972ABC14E6.jpeg

OP
OP
jjonesx86

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Yours looks great. I only know those guys from phone and email conversations but they certainly know their stuff and the passion for what they do comes through in the product. I was on the fence between the two pod setup like you have and the light bar. Either way, the welded in bracket makes for such a clean look.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I think they stay so busy with their larger scale work and much of what they do is custom...they haven't invested in a slick website and you need to order over the phone. They are pretty active on Facebook with more photos of their recent JL work, just no product pages on their site. That being said, they were great to work with and I highly recommend the bumper bar.
Oh wow, this is exactly what I was looking for in a bumper bar... sit higher than the Mopar but doesn't block tow hooks when installed unlike Warn and JCR... how much for the bar and where did you order it?

OP
OP
jjonesx86

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
Oh wow, this is exactly what I was looking for in a bumper bar... sit higher than the Mopar but doesn't block tow hooks when installed unlike Warn and JCR... how much for the bar and where did you order it?
That's exactly what I thought as well...a really well thought through design.

The bar itself finished with the mounting bracket and powder coated to match the oem steel bumper was $269. You can call the number listed on their website but I would just reach out to [email protected] and you will likely either connect with Josh or Rob. I finalized the order over the phone and handled payment via PayPal. My advice is to be patient if it takes a bit of phone tag...this isn't a big box store with an army of customer service folks. It was more than worth the back and forth when I got the products in my hands.

PS - I have no affiliation with these guys...just a happy customer.

Justin836

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unl
Ran into Josh from Ratus this morning. Always a good time to snap a photo of a couple cool Jeeps!

F2F58F31-51ED-49BD-B81A-3ACE7787CA51.png

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Can you tell me what your wiring customization was? I just got my bar and light today with that crazy harness. I just want to wire it in to my oem aux switches.

OP
OP
jjonesx86

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
It is hard for me to explain it since I don’t have the harness in front of me, but I basically just took the end that is clearly designed to connect to the lights and then traced back as much positive and negative wire as I could until I hit the bundle in the wiring harness where the relays and switches are. You don’t need any of that if you are wiring the light to the oem switch. You just need a positive wire to connect to one of the 4 oem aux power wires and you need a ground wire that gets grounded to a screw which is also really close to the aux switches. The rest can be tossed. For my bumper bar I think I ended up cutting the the supplied cable three or four feet from the end that connect to the bar. I then ran that through the bumper bar and my bumper and connected my own cables from under the bumper to the aux switch. Real simple positive and ground wire setup.

Sponsored

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
It is hard for me to explain it since I don’t have the harness in front of me, but I basically just took the end that is clearly designed to connect to the lights and then traced back as much positive and negative wire as I could until I hit the bundle in the wiring harness where the relays and switches are. You don’t need any of that if you are wiring the light to the oem switch. You just need a positive wire to connect to one of the 4 oem aux power wires and you need a ground wire that gets grounded to a screw which is also really close to the aux switches. The rest can be tossed. For my bumper bar I think I ended up cutting the the supplied cable three or four feet from the end that connect to the bar. I then ran that through the bumper bar

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Great! Thank you! I thought that was the case until I saw that giant harness! Did you have to drill a hole in your bar? Mine came with a grommet but no wiring hole? I guess dill a hole until I find the right size for the grommet to fit.

OP
OP
jjonesx86

jjonesx86

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Gates Foundation
My bar came pre-drilled to run the wire, reach out to the guys if yours didn’t for some reason. As you can see in the photos on the first page of this post, I ran the wire through the hole and out the bar but that doesn’t line up with any hole in the steel bumper. For a clean install, I drilled a new hole matching the wire exit location from the bar, painted the exposed steel to prevent rust and wired it through the bumper for a clean install. Super easy and I’m not a typical do-it-your-selfer. I just took my time with the correct drill bit and had my son spray some wd40 from time to time as I was going to keep it cooler.
Sponsored