Sponsored

Rattling sound from driver's side front end

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Hey guys -

I'm not super great with diagnosing problems, so just looking for any ideas on this one.

JLU Sport S '18, so going on 1.5 years. No issues so far. Just did my seasonal switch from soft top back to hard top, no issues.

Last couple days I've been driving, and when I have my window down I'm hearing a decent amount of rattling on the driver's side near the front of the jeep, mostly only when hitting bumps/rough road/etc. More than just the sound of a normal suspension doing its thing. A definite rattling.

At first I thought my shackles were just super loose in my bumper - it has that metal on metal kind of sound. Took the shackles out but still getting the noise. Checked my bumper, nothing loose there in terms of nuts and bolts on the mounting points.

I do have rubi suspension that was put on professionally about 6 months ago. Did some deep sand driving over the summer and everything was quiet as could be, just the normal flexing sounds of the suspension. No rattling like this.

Anything under the front I could easily check? (not super proficient with this stuff - did my bumper install myself, but I'm still learning)

Thanks!
Sponsored

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I have the same rattle. Seems likes it's coming from drivers front. It's like a loose bracket sound but can't find anything that's loose. No bolts, brackets or shields. Hard bumps nothing. Cracks in road rattle like a marble in a can.

Suggestions anyone. I've gone too to bottom several times.

Wiz Ozzie

First Name
Omat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Curious if either of you figured out your issue. I'm also experiencing a rattle when on rough uneven surfaces coming from the front end

mifergie

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Me too.. sound has been there since 2020.
Sponsored