edisonstar23

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Hello everyone,

I noticed that my new 22 Rubicon Jl 3.6 L Pentastar Automatic Tran makes a rattle when lightly pressing the gas. It seems to be from under the car.
Any suggestions as of what can it be, please review the YouTube video attached to hear it.

has anyone had this same thing happened to them and what are the possible solutions?

Thank you Jeepers!
Sponsored

Johnbuz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Tribeca
Sounds like the very common engine knock that a lot of people have when lightly accelerating when the rpm are about 1500-2000. You can search on this forum, lots of discussions. I minimize it by using 93 octane when the outside temps are above 60F. In my observation, it happens when the engine is warmed up and not running in warmup/rich mode in warm weather. The theory is that to meet mpg targets, Jeep keeps the mixture too lean for the high compression engine.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Hello everyone,

I noticed that my new 22 Rubicon Jl 3.6 L Pentastar Automatic Tran makes a rattle when lightly pressing the gas. It seems to be from under the car.
Any suggestions as of what can it be, please review the YouTube video attached to hear it.

has anyone had this same thing happened to them and what are the possible solutions?

Thank you Jeepers!
Hmm, you get a rattle, when you press on the gas. How do you stop the rattle?
Amswer: Stop pressing on the gas.
That will be $175, for solving your problem. Cash or card??

Last edited:

Asuriyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR (6MT)
Hmm, you get a rattle, when you press on the glass. How do you stop the rattle?
Amswer: Stop pressing on the glass.
That will be $175, for solving your problem. Cash or card??
Since he said "gas" and it's kinda hard to drive without pressing on that, I'm gonna have to ask for a refund.

Sounds like the very common engine knock that a lot of people have when lightly accelerating when the rpm are about 1500-2000. You can search on this forum, lots of discussions. I minimize it by using 93 octane when the outside temps are above 60F. In my observation, it happens when the engine is warmed up and not running in warmup/rich mode in warm weather. The theory is that to meet mpg targets, Jeep keeps the mixture too lean for the high compression engine.
Always thought it was interesting that, between the Pentastar and the 2.0T, the Pentastar has higher compression but the turbo is the one indicated (optionally) for 91. I have the turbo and tend to run high-octane in the summer months - the slight increase in pep is noticeable, and the NVH seems to be improved as well. That engine has a little rattle of its own, but that one seems to go away once the cat warms up.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Since he said "gas" and it's kinda hard to drive without pressing on that, I'm gonna have to ask for a refund.

Always thought it was interesting that, between the Pentastar and the 2.0T, the Pentastar has higher compression but the turbo is the one indicated (optionally) for 91. I have the turbo and tend to run high-octane in the summer months - the slight increase in pep is noticeable, and the NVH seems to be improved as well. That engine has a little rattle of its own, but that one seems to go away once the cat warms up.
Haaaaa. Serves me right for not having my readers on, and not proofreading. Ok, I will correct.
Sponsored