Sponsored

Rattle from adaptive cruise control camera housing

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Does anybody else have a rattle from the adaptive cruise control camera housing above the mirror? If I put my finger on either side and slightly push, it will go away, so it's the housing either against the windshield or against itself - not sure which.
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
It is a Wrangler, if something is not rattled then the Jeep is not right!

But seriously, it is probably against windshield, since unlike other similar setup Wrangler has a free floating windshield.

OP
OP

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
It is a Wrangler, if something is not rattled then the Jeep is not right!

But seriously, it is probably against windshield, since unlike other similar setup Wrangler has a free floating windshield.
So you also have this rattle? I'm looking for feedback from other people with ACC.

The windshield isn't moving, it's the housing on the camera. I suspect it's rattling against the windshield since it's not permanently attached via silicon or something, but it could also be the bottom snap on bit rattling against the top. I'm just trying to see if other people have this issue, or if it's just me, to see if anybody had already addressed this.

Surprisingly, there are no other rattles in my Jeep. The only other noises I'm dealing with are high pitched sounds from what appears to be the steering mechanism. My prior Jeeps have all had many rattles, but not this one. I suspect this will be an easy fix with a little foam tape, but before I experiment, I thought I'd ask.

2008jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU
I have ACC but no rattles. There is a rubber seal between the housing and the windshield isn't there?

OP
OP

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
That is, it's the back part that can clip on/off that appears to rattle. I've pulled it and reclipped it a few times and it seems better now. Here's hoping it's fixed!

Sponsored

Hclassic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU
Does anybody else have a rattle from the adaptive cruise control camera housing above the mirror? If I put my finger on either side and slightly push, it will go away, so it's the housing either against the windshield or against itself - not sure which.
I had the same rattle....Just to the right of the ACC housing is a plastic strip the length of the windshield. I wedged a small piece of velcro (use anything as a wedge) up in between the plastic and windshield right next to the ACC unit and that did the trick.

Salvajav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors Moab Edition, 2” Mopar lift, 35”tires, One touch Sky power top, Gladiator front camera.
I had the same rattle....Just to the right of the ACC housing is a plastic strip the length of the windshield. I wedged a small piece of velcro (use anything as a wedge) up in between the plastic and windshield right next to the ACC unit and that did the trick.
Good morning! same rattle same area! it's annoying! can you post a picture where to put that velcro? I don't really know how to fix the noise.

Thanks!!!
Have a great week!!

Geoff Acreman

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
I have the same noise when the active cruise brakes. It died found like the ABS but it has only just started so saying it is normal would mean it should have been Making the noise all the time. In my case it has just started and it seems to be getting worse.
Has anyone had the noise fixed

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have ACC and don't have any rattle from there. Mine is still pretty new though if that makes a difference.
Sponsored