Sponsored

Ratcheting Screwdrivers

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
65DA6D1A-7FBA-4CB0-A266-7F85249FBD4F.jpeg
I’ve had this one for 30+ years. It’s my go to screwdriver for just about everything
I had the fullsize of that one and the redesigned stubby and man they are so nice lost the big one a few years ago and was hella sad. The LTT one is just as good and the back drag on the ratchet is so low you can start a screw without holding the shaft 9 times out of 10. My only concern in a shop environment is oils/brake clean and breaking down the plastics.

Exactly, pretty much the same thing but instead of a 1/4" drive its a screw driver. They are super useful for sure. And you have way more control than an impact driver or powered screw driver.

I had this as well and it was good for removals but anything that may crack I would go back to the ratcheting one for installs

Jeep Wrangler JL Ratcheting Screwdrivers 1670510885668
Sponsored

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
I'm a service technician and in my field of work with vending machines, fountain equipment, bar guns and cooling units (hvac) I use a ratcheting screwdriver daily. My go to is Megapro, I have a Robertson set, a general set and a specific Philips set. I just interchange what bits I need for the job into my ratcheting screwdriver. Also, i'm sure many other brands make the same and I'm not pumping Megapro's tires, it's just what is available to me at a good price in Canada. I can't justify Snap-On prices for something I might leave by accident in trade lmao

megapro-advantage-video_2000x.jpg

Eyeball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ & 2023 JLUR
I love ratcheting screwdrivers especially when building a compact tool kit for my vehicles. It is important to focus on good tips. A handful of tips of various sizes can be stored in the handle and eliminating the need to carry multiple screwdrivers in your road kit.

I am partial to my SnapOn screwdrivers in my shop but for the vehicle kits I use a Williams WRS-1 (SnapOn’s industrial brand) ratcheting screwdriver that is of excellent quality with high quality tips. It has a little more back drag than the SnapOn but still very minimal. It can be purchased at a discount to the SnapOn branded version. Here is a link to one on Amazon
Sponsored

Last edited: