First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
e-mail Renae Jamison at Mark Dodge:
[email protected]

Very responsive even though I was bugging the crap out of her getting quotes, asking questions, etc. Just my nature as an Engineer, every stone gets turned over.
Thanks for the direct contact. Also an engineer here 😂
Sponsored

RocNRol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity Sport S
Occupation
Tacos
This is starting to get amusing. Talked to another dealer in Central Texas. Told him I have multiple data points as to what people are paying, and even after that, he said we only sell at MSRP! I said thank you and goodbye. Dealers literally turning down an easy sale. This is so strange.

RocNRol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tacos
Final verdict is in - two dealers refused to budge off MSRP even though I told them I read this forum and people aren't paying MSRP. Two never got back to me - one was Mark Dodge. Finally found a dealer who actually expressed interest in selling a car and would negotiate.

tlzfjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport, 2023 JLUR on order.
Need to add Motor Inn of Spirit Lake out of Spirit Lake Iowa. Great place to do business...5% under invoice with TreadLightly, $1000 deposit (non refundable though), $100 doc. fees.

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Two never got back to me - one was Mark Dodge. Finally found a dealer who actually expressed interest in selling a car and would negotiate.
This is so weird to me considering how responsive Renae at Mark has been (btw she was off Fri & Sat on vaca). Maybe the word "negotiate" turned them off because they don't negotiate, they just give you a quote, based on a great discount from MSRP.

My first contact with her was an informative 15 min call I initiated.

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Final verdict is in - two dealers refused to budge off MSRP even though I told them I read this forum and people aren't paying MSRP. Two never got back to me - one was Mark Dodge. Finally found a dealer who actually expressed interest in selling a car and would negotiate.
Not sure if this matters but I am placing an order for a 23 JLR at River Oaks Chrysler Jeep in Houston. I am a returning customer if that matters. Anyway best I could do is 5.1% under MSRP. Not the deal I got in 2018 but better than some I've been reading about.

RocNRol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tacos
Not sure if this matters but I am placing an order for a 23 JLR at River Oaks Chrysler Jeep in Houston. I am a returning customer if that matters. Anyway best I could do is 5.1% under MSRP. Not the deal I got in 2018 but better than some I've been reading about.
That is about what I got. Ended up going with Sames in Cedar Creek.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
Do they honor Tread Lightly? Would be nice to order from somewhere close to me.

bdaviskc

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLU Sahara (Silver)
Update on my order via Jim Butler Jeep in Linn, MO--great experience. Ordered Sept 7, took delivery on Oct 28. They honored original pricing (didn't pass through the recent price increases) and we were out the door around 6-7% below invoice. (Don't have actual numbers in front of me.) Note that $1k of the savings was contingent on doing financing through them and had to join Tread Lightly as well etc--finance rates were ok, not great, but can be refinanced/bought out. If you are in the midwest, I'd look these guys up--give Steve Boeckman a call there ([email protected]), he was super easy to deal with and very friendly. Let him know I sent you and I think he'll throw me some $ or something as well!!! First Wrangler for us, and enjoying it so far.

IMG_8767.jpg

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do they honor Tread Lightly? Would be nice to order from somewhere close to me.
They did in 2018, i have not renewed my T L account. I should have. But I bet they will tell you over the phone. They are the largest Jeep Dealer in Texas as far as volume of sales.
I bet they do.

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on my order via Jim Butler Jeep in Linn, MO--great experience. Ordered Sept 7, took delivery on Oct 28. They honored original pricing (didn't pass through the recent price increases) and we were out the door around 6-7% below invoice. (Don't have actual numbers in front of me.) Note that $1k of the savings was contingent on doing financing through them and had to join Tread Lightly as well etc--finance rates were ok, not great, but can be refinanced/bought out. If you are in the midwest, I'd look these guys up--give Steve Boeckman a call there ([email protected]), he was super easy to deal with and very friendly. Let him know I sent you and I think he'll throw me some $ or something as well!!! First Wrangler for us, and enjoying it so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ratbert's Dealers Below-Invoice Spreadsheet IMG_8767
Is that color Earl or silver? looks great BTW!

trebor6699

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet!
This thread is the best! I am in the Chicago area and dealers in my area were doing 2-3% off msrp in August. Had to order as there were no cars on lots and I tried negotiating and using Costco and FCA affiliate pricing and the deals were all about the same. Reached out to Miracle CDJR (NE of Nashville) as they were offering 6% below invoice and an additional 1% for Tread Lightly.

Was a bit little skeptical at first as Chad uses a gmail address to communicate and I had to put down a 1k deposit (credit card ok), but I called the dealership a couple times with questions at the main number and they confirmed everything was on track.

Placed my order (Red Sport S Wrangler Unlimited) with them mid August, arrived mid October and there were no surprises from what we initially agreed to (other than the T3AC fee and fuel fee). The price honored was locked in before the Jeep Sept increase and the whole experience was as smooth as I had hoped. I was in and out of there within an hour with no upsells or add-ons. Chad Rivas was on top of things and communicative and arranged pick up from the airport which was an awesome perk. They offered to arrange shipping, but cost was more than I wanted to spend.

I see the current deal is 1% less if you don't finance with them (I did run comparative through their financing and it was only .5% higher than what I got on my own, so I did my own).

If you have stumbled across this thread and your local dealers wont budge on price, I would not hesitate to pick the closest dealer and give them your business.

Now time to start the upgrade process!!!

arpunk

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
@Ratbert might be worth adjusting: Suresky in Goshen, NY is 5% off MSRP and they DO NOT price lock you until the car leaves the factory so you are potentially on the hook for however many thousand Jeep raises their prices. That’s a deal-breaker for me.

OP
OP
Ratbert

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

@Ratbert might be worth adjusting: Suresky in Goshen, NY is 5% off MSRP and they DO NOT price lock you until the car leaves the factory so you are potentially on the hook for however many thousand Jeep raises their prices. That’s a deal-breaker for me.
Is that 5% with or without financing?
Sponsored