Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Also, the traction boards are nylon which obviously wouldn't stick to a magnet so you'd have to get a magnet strong enough to go through the traction boards and then the hard top.
Abandon mission.
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I guess I don't see a problem. I see potential. Wings don't sit on something, rather they have air all around them to create lift. This is different. There isn't a foil to direct air under the traction board. Some sort of deflector could assist with aerodynamics. I wouldtthink the traction boards would be pushed rearward on the hardtop before creating lift.
Sounds like you've made up your mind. I hope a traction board doesn't end up in someone's windshield.

OP
OP
Moregone

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sounds like you've made up your mind. I hope a traction board doesn't end up in someone's windshield.
I don't have traction boards which is the funniest thing. I'm an Overlander but I don't want my rig looking trail ready all the time. Trying to avoid a roof rack and also don't want all the weight on the spare tire.

My buddy does have some magnets I can play around with. I do have an idea how I would approach it. I will eventually play around with the idea and see if the holding power is there before moving forward. But this is just a bored idea.

OP
OP
Moregone

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Also, the traction boards are nylon which obviously wouldn't stick to a magnet so you'd have to get a magnet strong enough to go through the traction boards and then the hard top.
Abandon mission.
I don't think that's how I would approach it. Traction boards have holes for the mounts go through. I would add a rod to the magnets so the boards could sit on top of the magnets and have a wing nut or similar to hold the boards down to the rod attached to he magnet.
Sponsored