RANT - Over Jeep, their Dealers and FIAT

rodend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ecoDiesel
Good to know! I’ll go to them when needed since they’re much closer than MalloGA (also good experience there).
Just wondering if either of you tried Palmer Dodge? I had bad experiences with them back in early 2000's, but I keep hearing that they are very solid.

I'm hoping that I get my own Jeep back soon and that it's actually fixed...but I am looking for a North Atlanta dealer to do my regular service/maintenance....
Sponsored

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering if either of you tried Palmer Dodge? I had bad experiences with them back in early 2000's, but I keep hearing that they are very solid.

I'm hoping that I get my own Jeep back soon and that it's actually fixed...but I am looking for a North Atlanta dealer to do my regular service/maintenance....
I don’t have any experience with them but have heard/read good things. They were too far for roadside to tow it there for me. Ed Voyles was the only one on the list they gave me that I trusted or heard anything good about.

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update for anyone keeping up at home.

They replaced the Transmission body RO 68408601AE. It cleared the codes they saw before, but now new codes are showing. They think they have a defective part, so they are ordering another one and working with Chrysler to get one as fast as they can. They are also submitting a request for Chrysler to approve a long term rental for me to pick up by end of week.

I am incredibly frustrated with the situation, but the dealer is continuing to return my calls and update me in a timely manner, and seem to be doing the right thing. It is just very f-ing frustrating that this should have all happened in the first place with the first dealership.

To make things worse, it's practically prime Jeep weather here in GA, and I am missing so much of it thanks to this situation.

I am just thankful I am able to work from home right now. Can't imagine what this would be like if I actually needed my Jeep.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Update for anyone keeping up at home.

They replaced the Transmission body RO 68408601AE. It cleared the codes they saw before, but now new codes are showing. They think they have a defective part, so they are ordering another one and working with Chrysler to get one as fast as they can. They are also submitting a request for Chrysler to approve a long term rental for me to pick up by end of week.

I am incredibly frustrated with the situation, but the dealer is continuing to return my calls and update me in a timely manner, and seem to be doing the right thing. It is just very f-ing frustrating that this should have all happened in the first place with the first dealership.

To make things worse, it's practically prime Jeep weather here in GA, and I am missing so much of it thanks to this situation.

I am just thankful I am able to work from home right now. Can't imagine what this would be like if I actually needed my Jeep.
Please let us know if you would like additional support throughout this process! We are happy to have a case escalated on your behalf. Please feel free to send our team a PM at any time.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Did you seat your fuses? ;)
I know you're being half sarcastic, but just having taken delivery of a 2021 Sahara and reading about this from the delivery / order thread I checked my fusebox on delivery and F me if literally 80 percent of that giant fusebox was not seated properly.

Am so glad there was so much info on this forum, everything they said would be an issue was true.

Sponsored

MrBell

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for JL
I'll add my voice to this RANT. My Wrangler is one year old, 21K miles. It's been towed twice to the dealer for repairs due to shoddy work at the FCA factory. In addition it needs the steering TSB! $56K sticker, terrible buying experience. Dealer service department is equally awful... nobody answers the phone or returns emails/voice messages. Yesterday I had to drive to the dealer and confront the Service Advisor to get any answers on my most recent repair. I was hoping to keep this vehicle for many years but I am rethinking this as both the product and support are frankly the worst I've ever experienced.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I know you're being half sarcastic, but just having taken delivery of a 2021 Sahara and reading about this from the delivery / order thread I checked my fusebox on delivery and F me if literally 80 percent of that giant fusebox was not seated properly.

Am so glad there was so much info on this forum, everything they said would be an issue was true.
Even though I was being half sarcastic, it was mostly because I got to be the first reply. However, both my JLUR and my Pacifica (which uses the same fuse box) had 80% to 90% of the fuses not seated properly. And, seating your fuses has been reported to clear up weird electrical gremlins, but also, what really gets me, is how EASY it is to do. Anytime anyone has an electrical issue this should be the first thing checked because it takes 30 - 90 seconds. ;)

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Even though I was being half sarcastic, it was mostly because I got to be the first reply. However, both my JLUR and my Pacifica (which uses the same fuse box) had 80% to 90% of the fuses not seated properly. And, seating your fuses has been reported to clear up weird electrical gremlins, but also, what really gets me, is how EASY it is to do. Anytime anyone has an electrical issue this should be the first thing checked because it takes 30 - 90 seconds. ;)
When I first dug into mine I was thinking okay, two or maybe three probably aren't properly installed. I was floored at how many there actually were. is it a robot that plunks them in, or is this someone's actual job?

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, they replaced the transmission valve body, and I picked it up. Made it about 20 miles, at which point the cluster flashed “auto park disengaged” then another mile or so I got the “service electronic stability control” cluster message. followed by the electronic stability control warning light. I exited the highway, and while climbing a hill (accelerating) the check engine light came on and I had a total loss of power. Had to stop, shift to park and drive again, and made it the last half mile home.

Calling a tow truck tomorrow and taking it back to the second dealership. At this point, I’m just at a loss of words.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Geez. Sorry man.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Did they fix the paint damage at least...?

How many miles on the Jeep? I wonder if you can open a case with FCA for a buyback?

I went through a buyback a few years ago. It is a long process. But if you and the dealer can demonstrate to FCA that the Jeep is never going to be fixed to your satisfaction, FCA may agree to buy the Jeep back or replace it with a new one.

If the buyback goes through, the good news is that you get most of your money back. The bad news is that you won’t get back the thousands of dollars you already paid in tax & license.

Last edited:
OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did they fix the paint damage at least...?

How many miles on the Jeep? I wonder if you can open a case with FCA for a buyback?

I went through a buyback a few years ago. It is a long process. But if you and the dealer can demonstrate to FCA that the Jeep is never going to be fixed to your satisfaction, FCA may agree to buy the Jeep back or replace it with a new one.

If the buyback goes through, the good news is that you get most of your money back. The bad news is that you won’t get back the thousands of dollars you already paid in tax & license.
the original dealer did fix the fender. The most recent work was done by another dealer.

it’s still under the original warranty, but I’m the second owner. I bought it certified pre owned. Do you think a buy back would still be an option?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Ouch... I was gonna say, I think it's time to put this puppy to bed, but since you bought it pre owned I really don't know what the laws say.

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch... I was gonna say, I think it's time to put this puppy to bed, but since you bought it pre owned I really don't know what the laws say.
GA lemon laws exclude used vehicles. Some states include them if they are still under the original warranty.

but at this rate, I’m just going to Jeep costing them tows, shop time and parts.
Sponsored