YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I was half tongue in cheek, but good to know - while it doesn't always correct issues it only takes a minute to rule out.

Sucks to hear about your experience, stories like this are why I'm hesitant to take anything in for service anymore.

I suspect that the original dealer only replaced the main battery, even though they said they replaced both. And that the aux battery is bad and drained the main while you were getting gas. Then I suspect they charged or jumped it to get it started so you could leave again, and when you got home the aux drained the main again.
It was in a few months ago to have the aux battery replaced, so hopefully they didn’t lie to me twice.
Sponsored

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
What a mess. Sorry you have to deal with that bullsh*t.
If no lemon law...crank it up FCA as high as you can..an attorney may be necessary

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What a mess. Sorry you have to deal with that bullsh*t.
If no lemon law...crank it up FCA as high as you can..an attorney may be necessary
thanks. I actually called around, and it looks like I know someone who knows someone at this new dealership. They called and got all my statements and said they’ll try to look at it today, but likely Monday. much better than the week lead time I was quoted yesterday, so I’m hopeful this go around.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I just need to rant, so there's a lot below. My JL is my 6th Wrangler, and may very well be my last, unless I go back to YJs and TJs. The last 7 weeks have been a huge PITA, and everyone from my Dealer to FIAT has pissed be off beyond belief. I've been so patient, but I am over it. If you care to humor me, my story is below.

7 weeks ago, I was driving and got a check engine light, as well as a "stop safely, vehicle will shut off soon" message along with CEL and ESC lights. I was a mile from home, so I got there, parked it and had it towed to the dealer where I bought it, Newnan CDJR in Newnan, GA. (8/12). It is outside my covered area, and I pay an extra $50 to get it there since i assume I will be treated ok, since I bought it there and have been there for service before. Hah.

Over the next 2 weeks, I received no to very little updates about any progress or what was being done. I had a case with @JeepCares opened from day 1. I honestly don't know what their purpose is. They can't seem to make dealers do anything. Maybe they can expedite parts, but that's it.

Anyway, those 2 weeks go by, they call me and tell me they replaced both batteries, come pick it up. I guess it takes a week per battery, whatever. I pay to Uber there ($50), and pick it up. I stop for gas a mile down the road, and when I am pulling out, CEL light, ESC light and Autopark Disengaged messages come on. I immediately take it back. Once I park it at the dealer, it won't start. Shifter flashes. Same lights and warnings. Also, while waiting for them to figure out their next move, I noticed they had scratched up my front fender in the previous 2 weeks it was there. They assure me they'll fix it. Since I am with it this time, I also get a loaner vehicle. (8/28). Side note: I did talk them into doing the steering TSB while it was up there, so at least that did get done fairly simply. I did check, too, and the steering box is the new part number and is black, so I know they did it.

2 more weeks go by. During this time, it's more of the same - JeepCares can't get in touch with my service advisor for actual updates. I get transferred until it rings too much and I get sent to a voicemail box when I call, and can't get in touch with anyone who has a clue. I have no idea what's happening. Finally, I am told that it's the starter, they're expediting one, and will install it and then fix my fender. That was a Thursday (9/10). Jeep Cares confirmed it was delivered the following Monday (9/14) I hear nothing all week. Finally, that Friday (9/18) I call and speak to the service department manager who says the starter is in route and should be there that day. I ask how that's possible since FIAT confirmed delivery on 9/14. I get no answer. Monday comes and goes, no update. On Tuesday (9/22) I call and speak to the dealer's GSM. He is transferring the case to his "most senior service advisor", tells me the part will be installed that day, and I can either pick it up, or wait for them to schedule paint to get the fender fixed. I tell them I don't want it until everything is done. It takes them another week + to get it painted, but they call me yesterday (10/1) to pick it up. Finally, it's over and I can get my jeep back. Hah.

I make it home (35 miles) with no issues. I park it for a few hours, and decide to get lunch. Go to crank it up, and it doesn't start. Same symptoms as when I had to bring it back. There's no way it's going back to Newnan at this point.

I call FIAT roadside and tell them to take it to a pretty popular dealer about 18-24 miles away from me, depending on how you go. I am in Atlanta, and chose Gwinnett CDJR. They tell me it'll be $134 since that is not the closest dealer. The closest dealer is 19 miles away. I ask them why they would not cover to them since it is basically the same distance, and they just say "the system says it's not covered." They give me a list of dealers that are covered (Ed Voyles, Don Jackson, Atlanta West, Landmark). Whatever, it's late in the afternoon. I decide I'll call Ed Voyles, since they are the only in that list I remotely trust (but just barely), see how long it'll be to get to it, and have it towed the following day, Friday (10/2). I call back this morning to schedule the tow, and after having to repeat EVERYTHING (VIN, symptoms, address, etc) even though I was told I wouldn't have to, they set up the tow. I get a text and check the status. They sent a FREAKING JUMP START SERVICE. Even after I confirmed the destination address and tow with the Roadside Agent. I call AGAIN. I have to repeat everything AGAIN. Luckily, I finally get a lady that sounds like she has a brain in her head, she can't understand everything I have gone through up to this point, asks me where I want to get it taken to, and quickly gets a flatbed dispatched. 30 minutes later, it's on its way to Marietta.

If you have made it this far, thanks for reading. Ed Voyles already told me it'll likely be late next week before they can look at it, but I am so over everything at this point, and at least they are setting my expectations up front. Luckily, thanks to COVID I don't need my Jeep for work since I am working from home, and we can use my girlfriend's car for everything else. But JFC. From my original dealer scratching the vehicle and not telling me, not actually fixing it after 7 weeks, not communicating and their general lack of competence, to Jeep Care's lack of actual caring, to Roadside's inability to set up a simple tow, I am over all levels of the Jeep experience. Bring on the Bronco. I'm sure Ford's experience isn't much better, but they at least haven't given me a reason to hate them yet.

IMG_0166 (1).jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0240.jpg
8/12 to 10/2 is like, six weeks. That qualifies for Lemon Law coverage in my state. That's what I'd be researching right now if I had this happen to me.

By the way, JEEP Customer Care, not FIAT as this is not a FIAT vehicle, is VERY helpful every time I call them. They even helped me with a monthly payment once when my JLU was in the shop for almost 3 weeks.

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
8/12 to 10/2 is like, six weeks. That qualifies for Lemon Law coverage in my state. That's what I'd be researching right now if I had this happen to me.

By the way, JEEP Customer Care, not FIAT as this is not a FIAT vehicle, is VERY helpful every time I call them. They even helped me with a monthly payment once when my JLU was in the shop for almost 3 weeks.
It was the customer care team that I spoke with after messaging Jeep Cares here on the forum. Every time I called in, the automated messages said Fiat, so I’m not sure what the difference is.

also, it unfortunately looks like used vehicles, even those still covered under factory warranty, are not covered by lemon laws here in GA.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It was the customer care team that I spoke with after messaging Jeep Cares here on the forum. Every time I called in, the automated messages said Fiat, so I’m not sure what the difference is.

also, it unfortunately looks like used vehicles, even those still covered under factory warranty, are not covered by lemon laws here in GA.
Not that buying a used vehicle should make a difference when it is still under warranty, but perhaps that explains why this JL got traded in so soon...?

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not that buying a used vehicle should make a difference when it is still under warranty, but perhaps that explains why this JL got traded in so soon...?
maybe, car fax was clean so I felt good about it. The previous owner’s registration was actually still in the car. Curiosity did get the best of me and I looked her up. Lady in her mid 40s that lived in the area. I assumed she had never had a Jeep before, and just wasn’t accustomed to them and they way they drove, so she traded it. plus it was “certified” and I told myself if anything happens, there’s the warranty. I even sprang for the 5 year 100k mile plan thankfully.

Am really hoping to not have to trade it in when it’s finally fixed. I really do love it when it works!

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
But , they just pretended to give an extra year of free service. Peugeot + Fiat = Stellantis

rodend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ecoDiesel
I'm sorry to hear about your experience.. In fact, my BRAND SPANKING NEW JLUSD (seriously, only has 700 miles on it) is sitting at Newnan right now for the CEL for the ETC.. Been there almost a month... waiting on parts.

My experience has been a little better than yours, at least my Service Advisor has been communicative, and Jeep Cares has been helpful in removing roadblocks in getting parts. Still, I'm hopeful that I don't have to have my own rant soon..

I'm considering getting on the GM there since I've had my loaner longer than my Wrangler and have put more miles on it than my own Jeep.... I don't know if he can do anything about it (because it's FCA's issue now) ...

OP
OP
YippieKiYayMrFalcon

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My experience has been a little better than yours, at least my Service Advisor has been communicative
who do you have? Sean, Hollie, victor? I think I’ve gone through most of them. Hollie is the only one up there that seems to do her job. Their manager is Vernon and is impossible to speak to, and never returns calls.

I'm considering getting on the GM there
GSM I spoke to was Ray Thimble. Surprisingly easy to get a hold of. Call the main number, and ask to speak with him.

good luck! I’m done with them.

Sponsored

rodend

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL ecoDiesel
who do you have? Sean, Hollie, victor? I
I've been working with Scott. So far, so good. I live up in Alpharetta though, so it's a haul for me to go down there.. However, they had what I was looking for at the time.... I was planning to wait for a 2021....

Planning on contacting Ray...hoping he can do something

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
maybe, car fax was clean so I felt good about it. The previous owner’s registration was actually still in the car. Curiosity did get the best of me and I looked her up. Lady in her mid 40s that lived in the area. I assumed she had never had a Jeep before, and just wasn’t accustomed to them and they way they drove, so she traded it. plus it was “certified” and I told myself if anything happens, there’s the warranty. I even sprang for the 5 year 100k mile plan thankfully.

Am really hoping to not have to trade it in when it’s finally fixed. I really do love it when it works!
The CarFax didn't show recurring dealer visits?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Wow, that's awful. I'm sorry, man. I've been super lucky so far... I have an '18 but only like 17,000 miles. Nothing with the aux battery or anything yet, but I feel like it's just a matter of time.

I honestly don't want to be one of those "Hopefully the Bronco makes them step up their game..." people but... seriously, I hope the Bronco is successful to a degree that forces them to step up their game.

A bunch of us who have been around this forum since the beginning had a thread at one point where we discussed that Jeep was slowly creeping into luxury-brand price ranges, but they still operate their dealerships like they're a "you get what you get" bargain brand. Maybe with some increased competition they'll have to finally acknowledge that they need to offer service like they're selling $50,000+ machines...because their flagship vehicle is now well within (and sometimes over) that range.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
It's ridiculous. It's to the point when someone actually does what they're supposed to do, I am so amazed and thankful, when really they just met bare minimum expectations. The bar is so low.
I know what you mean! It's to the point where I get a tear in my eye when someone actually calls me back when they said they would!!! It's sad that that person is the poster boy for 'exceptional'! But I'll take it!
Sponsored