Random temperature gauge spikes

elieah

First Name
Elie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Technical issue here... over the past week, my temperature gauge has spiked twice (to the very top). The warning light litup on the dash too... In both cases, I was pushing the jeep at high RPM... However, as soon as I let-off the gas and let it coast for around 10-15 second, the temperature went back to normal.
After the temperature went down, my RPM would only go upto 4K revs... until i pulled over and restarted the jeep... then everything went back to normal.
Coolant temp, oil temp and transmission temp were normal... has anyone encountered a similar situation? Any advice?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
sounds like the computer said you where pushing it to hard which cause the over temp. i have read on the forums of sensors going bad and spiking. quick run to the dealer should beable to run a diagnostic on it and see whats going on as there was a code that was thrown when it over heats it should save in the system

mwilk012

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Temp gauges aren't real direct indications, they are computer driven and will peg high when it tells them to. Sounds like something went wrong and it's trying to protect itself now.

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement