Baron

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0L
FYI First time poster and first time Jeep owner :like:

Ok, so in the process of googling this issue, I have discovered the "random single chime with no error displayed" is an ongoing issue with Wranglers since the JK
With my issue, I hear the chime at least once every time I drive, and sometimes more that once if driving a longer distance.
But also the chime will usually be accompanied with the vehicle information display switching to the Battery Voltage. Which displays around 12.7v while driving and 14v if I am parked at idle. I have not been able to find any forums describing the chime issue simultaneously accompanied by the Battery Voltage being displayed.

Thank you to any input you may have as to what this means.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
FYI First time poster and first time Jeep owner :like:

Ok, so in the process of googling this issue, I have discovered the "random single chime with no error displayed" is an ongoing issue with Wranglers since the JK
With my issue, I hear the chime at least once every time I drive, and sometimes more that once if driving a longer distance.
But also the chime will usually be accompanied with the vehicle information display switching to the Battery Voltage. Which displays around 12.7v while driving and 14v if I am parked at idle. I have not been able to find any forums describing the chime issue simultaneously accompanied by the Battery Voltage being displayed.

Thank you to any input you may have as to what this means.
Voltage should be around 14 when driving.

Does your Jeep have BSG/eTorque or ESS?

OP
OP

Baron

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0L
Voltage should be around 14 when driving.

Does your Jeep have BSG/eTorque or ESS?
Yes, I have the 2.0 with e torque. The voltage typically reads 14v when driving. But occasionally the chime/ ding will sound, and the car will switch to battery voltage readout and displays 12.7v while driving. I am now wondering if perhaps the car is just alerting me that it has switched the e generator off to save fuel. Because I have read in these forums that the new JL 2.0s have this function.
Sponsored