Sponsored

Random Alert Chimes While Driving

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
For the last several weeks I have noticed my 4xe will sometimes emit a single alert chime within the first couple of minutes of driving. There is no message on any of the displays that accompany the chime and my seatbelt is always fastened.

In addition, about 10 miles into my drive today I started getting repeated alert chimes similar to when the seatbelt isn't fastened (but it was) and there was no accompanying message to suggest what was wrong.

I have about 1,700 miles on my Jeep and have not had any issues up until this point.

Has anyone else encountered this and were you able to figure out what the issue is?
Sponsored

Last edited:

4xeRubicon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I get the random single beep soon after starting to drive somewhere with no error message a couple times a week. Have no idea what is causing it.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I have this as well, but do not have a 4ex. Every now and then, out of the blue, I get this single chime with no message. I think that Jeep is just messing with us and making some of us question our sanity.

no.sleep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Billet Silver JLUR 4xe
I get that too, can’t figure out what it is. Would be a good question to “Ask the Expert” @Chris Hall

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
When I ran a Tazer on my JL several years back and had the TPMS system turned off I would get a single chime alert just after startup but no EVIC messages but if you don’t have it turned off and it’s not a seat belt issue I’m not sure especially since there’s not a dash message.

Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
That's your Sirius radio alerting you to the fact that one of your 'favorite' songs is on... (Sirius Radio is never "off". When you turn it off, it's just muted, and continues to monitor the Sirius broadcast.)

Clear your favorites, and those chimes will go away.

OP
OP
Jerpy

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's your Sirius radio alerting you to the fact that one of your 'favorite' songs is on... (Sirius Radio is never "off". When you turn it off, it's just muted, and continues to monitor the Sirius broadcast.)

That sounds absolutely ridiculous! Besides, I don't have any favorite songs. Favorite stations, yes, but no favorite songs. Are you pulling my leg or are you being Sirius?

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
That sounds absolutely ridiculous! Besides, I don't have any favorite songs. Favorite stations, yes, but no favorite songs. Are you pulling my leg or are you being Sirius?

I'm totally serious... About a week after I got mine, I got a single chime every now and then. As the weeks went on, they became more frequent, to the point where I was hearing them once every five minutes or so.. I just chalked it up to crappy/unreliable electronics.

One day I was riding with a buddy, and he asked me what all the chimes were for. Totally making it up, I said "That's Sirius radio telling me my favorite songs are on." He laughed, and we went on, occasionally commenting on how effing annoying it was, that I was going to have to take the Jeep in to the dealer for something so stupid..

But later, I got to thinking, "What if that really is it?" For several weeks I had been adding favorites as I listened, and the quiet time chimes were the same sounding chimes I get when I was actually listening to the radio. So I cleared my favorites, and sure enough, the chimes stopped completely. And the conclusion I reached from that is that the Sirius radio is always on....

I don't have any favorite songs. Favorite stations, yes, but no favorite songs.
Anyone else besides you have access to the radio? [edit] And I seem to recall that certain channels have their own alerts for special programming, so that's what you might be hearing, if it's not individual songs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jerpy

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm totally serious... About a week after I got mine, I got a single chime every now and then. As the weeks went on, they became more frequent, to the point where I was hearing them once every five minutes or so.. I just chalked it up to crappy/unreliable electronics.
I think I gotta call B.S. on this -- it doesn't appear to be related.

Anyone else besides you have access to the radio?
Nope -- just me.

Last edited:

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I don't think I've added any favorites to Sirius and only actually used it twice (though it's possible my wife did this while I was out of town on vacation). I'll have to check it out.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL

Jeep Wrangler JL Random Alert Chimes While Driving aHR0cHM6Ly9waWNzLm1lLm1lL2FyZS15b3Utc2VyaW91cy0zODIxMDc4Mi5wbmc_

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Also, make sure you haven't picked a favorite Baseball (or sports) team. I get an alert before the start of a Cubs game on the MLB channels. There's a little notification on the top of the screen under the time/temp too that goes away after a few seconds.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That could be it. I save Favorites as Band name. So mine beeps a lot. Top left on 8.4 screen it will flash Favorite song is on. Its more of a Beep than tone.

deeve

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK (no U)
I don’t know…I don’t have anything favorited on Sirius and get a random chime. Might be one cause of it, but not in my case

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Same for me. More often than not I get a random (no notification) chime about a minute or two into the drive.

No favorites on music, no favorites on sports set.

It only fires off once per drive.
Sponsored