Sponsored

Rancho vs. Rock Krawler vs. JKS sway bar links

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Is that too high of an angle??

I ordered my @RanchoShocks discos almost three weeks ago from 4 Wheel Parts. Still haven’t received them. They said they’re coming directly from Rancho..
It doesn't seem to drive any differently with the longer links. These are the links Metalcloak uses on the 2.5 and 3.5 lifts. I have at least 3 inches of lift.
Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
It doesn't seem to drive any differently with the longer links. These are the links Metalcloak uses on the 2.5 and 3.5 lifts. I have at least 3 inches of lift.
Thanks for the feedback! If and when my ranchos show up and they’re super long like people are saying, want to make sure I can run them without issue for now

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Should be going out today/tomorrow from us :)

Thanks for the feedback! If and when my ranchos show up and they’re super long like people are saying, want to make sure I can run them without issue for now

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should be going out today/tomorrow from us :)
Sweet! The delay actually works out for me since I’ll end up installing it as soon as I get it and it’s been cold. So into next week, the weather will be warmer and I’ll get it together!

Thanks a bunch for the update too

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet! The delay actually works out for me since I’ll end up installing it as soon as I get it and it’s been cold. So into next week, the weather will be warmer and I’ll get it together!

Thanks a bunch for the update too
Still not delivered... what’s the delay @RanchoShocks

I should add... I call 4 Wheel Parts (in Cleveland) and they say they’re waiting for you, Rancho. I ordered and paid for these a month ago.

Sponsored

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right on @RanchoShocks - canceling my order on Friday and getting discos from someone else.

I don’t really know if you’re the breakdown in this equation but I would have hoped to get even a little support or, you know, a decent response...

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Sorry about this, we are still waiting on a part from a supplier. It didn't meet our high standards.
You can always PM us if we miss a post on a thread.

Right on @RanchoShocks - canceling my order on Friday and getting discos from someone else.

I don’t really know if you’re the breakdown in this equation but I would have hoped to get even a little support or, you know, a decent response...

Last edited:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
The Rancho Links are worth the wait, I could not be happier with mine as well as Rancho's Support.

Slow-roller

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
I had the very same issue!... the links are way too long... and I have the Rough Country 2.5 inch lift kit.. the long links combined with the brackets causes the sway bar to be at a 20 degree angle...

20190111_181312-3_zpspzitrd7m.jpg

also the links do not seem to have the appropriate curved shape to align with the sway bar...
20190111_181545-2_zps8t3z9wgf.jpg

Compare them against the Rough Country links:
20190111_190540-1_zpsluhwvwja.jpg
Yikes.... @RanchoShocks is this an issue?? I ordered these from 4WP a week or so ago (still haven’t arrived for me to pick up) but if THATS how they’re to be installed and people are seeing too much height like that, I’ll return them and figure something else out.
This is why I will not order them I spoke with the manufacturer and they had no answer for the offsite I spoke to the supplier I was buying them from they looked at this forum and they agree it’s an issue and suggested I didn’t buy them for the JL it looks like they’re for the JK which doesn’t offset.