Sponsored

Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL!

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
OK, just pulled the trigger and ordered these through Summit Racing. Looking forward to getting them installed and trying them out.
You won't be disappointed. I run the RS9000 on my lifted '18 JLU and love them. I'm thinking about getting a set for my '23 Willys XR when it gets here.

@RanchoShocks are the part numbers for the Willys XR the same as the High Tide? I'm guessing they are since the lift and all is the same.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Correct :)

You won't be disappointed. I run the RS9000 on my lifted '18 JLU and love them. I'm thinking about getting a set for my '23 Willys XR when it gets here.

@RanchoShocks are the part numbers for the Willys XR the same as the High Tide? I'm guessing they are since the lift and all is the same.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I have a question on These. Iā€™ve always run the Falcon adjustable shocks (non resi), and had great luck but man are they pricey. Iā€™m in a new rubicon JLUR with 2ā€ of lift and 37ā€™s. This isnā€™t a part number question although I wonā€™t shy away from advice, but how do these do In overlanding/rock crawling? I donā€™t see these often in off-road rigs but according to this thread people love these shocks. Any feedback on heavy off-road rigs?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question on These. Iā€™ve always run the Falcon adjustable shocks (non resi), and had great luck but man are they pricey. Iā€™m in a new rubicon JLUR with 2ā€ of lift and 37ā€™s. This isnā€™t a part number question although I wonā€™t shy away from advice, but how do these do In overlanding/rock crawling? I donā€™t see these often in off-road rigs but according to this thread people love these shocks. Any feedback on heavy off-road rigs?
@wibornz can attest to real world rock crawling and overlanding with these.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

So this is how I overland. I have pulled this camper 48,000+ miles. Yea, you read that right. 48,000 miles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 1668544109905

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 1668544213185

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 1668544431684

I have completed 55 Jeep badge trails and wheeled all over the US on non badge trails. I am talking about hard trails like the Rubicon, Prichett Canyon, Cliffhanger, Holy Cross, Peters Mill Run....LOL. Trails in Big Bear, Trails all over Arizona, All over Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Colorado pretty much every western state except Idaho and Michigan. Missed Idaho. I could type for pages and pages, you get the point.

My Jeep has been on every type of terrain. Snow, mud, sand rocks, desert, clay, I run the Rancho 9000xl. They have been awesome. I put a new set on at 84,000 miles. When you consider that this Jeep has thousands and thousand of miles off the black top and pulling a camper all over the US including pulling the trailer down trails and terrible le dirt roads, the shocks have performed way above my expectations.

Just know that my Jeep has been jumped on the sand dunes and on trails. (my wife is a maniac.). My wife does most of the driving when the trails get real difficult as I do the spotting. There are many that Jeep with me that if I am with them, I am the only one that they will let spot for them.

Just know that the Rancho lift with the 9000xl adjustable shocks are better than most lifts that are twice the price. I tell people often, skip the $3000 dollar lift, put the Rancho $800 dollar lift on and use the money you have left over to go wheel in Moab for a couple weeks.

Here are a some pics of the Rancho lift and shocks in action
Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 1668545612259

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 20200719_125455

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 20201023_140042
Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! IMG_2255

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 1668546854235

My Jeep is typically loaded down for extended travel. I carry a chainsaw, a full set of tools including impact guns and drills. A bunch of recovery gear. Like I can reach out 300 feet., a fridge, full of food, a case of water, chairs, a table and cooking gear in the Jeep. Myself, and one crazy ass wife that way over packs for trips. For instance, we had a full set of backpacking gear with us at times a sewing machine.

The Jeep has a big steel rear bumper and a very heavy spare tire carry, steel bumper with a winch and heavy bead lock wheels on 37s. I am usually very heavy. I do not have rear seats in the Jeep and sometimes the whole back of the Jeep is full from the seats to the tailgate. Yea and I have a big steel shelf in the back too. We carry enough supplies to be out at least 8 days at a time before we need to re-supply. For instance, we have boondocks/wild camped over 180 days this year.

Every time someone new rides in my Jeep, the first thing they say is, "I can't believe how nice this rides. I expected it to ride like a lumber wagon."

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
So this is how I overland. I have pulled this camper 48,000+ miles. Yea, you read that right. 48,000 miles.

1668544109905.png

1668544213185.png

1668544431684.png

I have completed 55 Jeep badge trails and wheeled all over the US on non badge trails. I am talking about hard trails like the Rubicon, Prichett Canyon, Cliffhanger, Holy Cross, Peters Mill Run....LOL. Trails in Big Bear, Trails all over Arizona, All over Nevada, Utah, Arizona, California, Colorado, Wyoming, Colorado pretty much every western state except Idaho and Michigan. Missed Idaho. I could type for pages and pages, you get the point.

My Jeep has been on every type of terrain. Snow, mud, sand rocks, desert, clay, I run the Rancho 9000xl. They have been awesome. I put a new set on at 84,000 miles. When you consider that this Jeep has thousands and thousand of miles off the black top and pulling a camper all over the US including pulling the trailer down trails and terrible le dirt roads, the shocks have performed way above my expectations.

Just know that my Jeep has been jumped on the sand dunes and on trails. (my wife is a maniac.). My wife does most of the driving when the trails get real difficult as I do the spotting. There are many that Jeep with me that if I am with them, I am the only one that they will let spot for them.

Just know that the Rancho lift with the 9000xl adjustable shocks are better than most lifts that are twice the price. I tell people often, skip the $3000 dollar lift, put the Rancho $800 dollar lift on and use the money you have left over to go wheel in Moab for a couple weeks.

Here are a some pics of the Rancho lift and shocks in action
1668545612259.png

20200719_125455.jpg

20201023_140042.jpg
IMG_2255.jpg

1668546854235.png

My Jeep is typically loaded down for extended travel. I carry a chainsaw, a full set of tools including impact guns and drills. A bunch of recovery gear. Like I can reach out 300 feet., a fridge, full of food, a case of water, chairs, a table and cooking gear in the Jeep. Myself, and one crazy ass wife that way over packs for trips. For instance, we had a full set of backpacking gear with us at times a sewing machine.

The Jeep has a big steel rear bumper and a very heavy spare tire carry, steel bumper with a winch and heavy bead lock wheels on 37s. I am usually very heavy. I do not have rear seats in the Jeep and sometimes the whole back of the Jeep is full from the seats to the tailgate. Yea and I have a big steel shelf in the back too. We carry enough supplies to be out at least 8 days at a time before we need to re-supply. For instance, we have boondocks/wild camped over 180 days this year.

Every time someone new rides in my Jeep, the first thing they say is, "I can't believe how nice this rides. I expected it to ride like a lumber wagon."
Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 55FA5482-F7C7-405F-ABBB-F8C40C958FDE
Thank you sir! And my next question is how do we become best friends? šŸ˜‚ that sounds like the type of rig I am building, just installed my 37ā€™s and wheels today, I am on a 2ā€ spacer lift/mopar shocks from the mopar lift I pretty much got for free just to run the 37ā€™s and am still deciding on a long term lift. I will take all of your comments into consideration for sure. Our jeeping is much like yours, overlanding/camping/ road tripping with a mix of rock crawling jeep trails to keep it fun. Thanks again for your input

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 55FA5482-F7C7-405F-ABBB-F8C40C958FDE
Thank you sir! And my next question is how do we become best friends? šŸ˜‚ that sounds like the type of rig I am building, just installed my 37ā€™s and wheels today, I am on a 2ā€ spacer lift/mopar shocks from the mopar lift I pretty much got for free just to run the 37ā€™s and am still deciding on a long term lift. I will take all of your comments into consideration for sure. Our jeeping is much like yours, overlanding/camping/ road tripping with a mix of rock crawling jeep trails to keep it fun. Thanks again for your input
Your lift setup is very similar to my own. I started with the Daystar spacer kit, then added the Mopar Fox shocks, and later the RK track bar and LCAs.

20220403_164023.jpg

Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Your lift setup is very similar to my own. I started with the Daystar spacer kit, then added the Mopar Fox shocks, and later the RK track bar and LCAs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 20220403_164023
Damn thatā€™s a handsome jeep

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho RS9000XL are now here for the JL! 20220403_164023
Well I am headed to Arizona for the winter. Will be staying by Yuma. So we may meet up. Heading that way on December 27th.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Well I am headed to Arizona for the winter. Will be staying by Yuma. So we may meet up. Heading that way on December 27th.
Thatā€™s awesome, Iā€™ve been wanting to do some wheeling in cali, never wheeled that way before. Also nevada, but [Banned Site] tan they hit fun trials out there

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Thatā€™s awesome, Iā€™ve been wanting to do some wheeling in cali, never wheeled that way before. Also nevada, but [Banned Site] tan they hit fun trials out there
I have wheeled and hiked a lot of Arizona, Nevada, California and Utah. We will have to hook up.

There's a trail that runs from Yuma to Quartzsite that I want to run.
Sponsored