Sponsored

Rancho RS5000X shocks

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer did not install longer shocks on JL 2dr sport that was lifted 2" and on their lot. I purchased it and questioned the factory shocks not being upgraded and they told me it was not required. I discovered otherwise and they corrected it by getting me the correct length shock I chose. So i got these after reading good reviews.

Question: Anyone install this model? I'm guessing I need to remove this sleeve. The lift also came with spacer sleeves that the dealer did not install either. The sleeves I believe are not as wide as the one shown and designed to move the top of the shock out from the frame by a bit so the shock does not contact the frame at full extension as I have seen this case with an install for a lift that someone did a write up on.

Any thoughts/experience with these? Lift is 2" spacer by Tuff country. https://www.jegs.com/i/Tuff-Country/444/42105/10002/-1

IMG_4888.JPG

IMG_4887.jpg
Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
They were really stiff and awful on my YJ. USED the 9000 on my TJ And like them. Worth the extra money since they are often buy 3 get 1 free

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got them on my JK and I think they are fine. They are a little stiff on road, but are really good off road. That said, the version for the JL is supposed to have some design feature that the others don't, so it is said to be even better.

I think their boxes are generic in that they cover several products with the same box, IIRC. Besides, the attachment on the shock itself looks right for a JL shock.

OP
OP
Uhdinator

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
They were really stiff and awful on my YJ. USED the 9000 on my TJ And like them. Worth the extra money since they are often buy 3 get 1 free
These were not available in the YJ era........This is a new design RS5000X not RS5000. They're on my JL Sport and much improved ride and more control of the 33's. They reduced the side to side roll when on a road thats not flat. Feel firmer but not what i'd call stiff. If you're going with a 2" lift and 33's or bigger, Don't use shock mount relocation brackets an keep the OEM shocks. They are not up to the task. These are $50 and improve control of bigger tires and worth it.

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
These were not available in the YJ era........This is a new design RS5000X not RS5000. They're on my JL Sport and much improved ride and more control of the 33's. They reduced the side to side roll when on a road thats not flat. Feel firmer but not what i'd call stiff. If you're going with a 2" lift and 33's or bigger, Don't use shock mount relocation brackets an keep the OEM shocks. They are not up to the task. These are $50 and improve control of bigger tires and worth it.
You might be right...got rid of that YJ BACK IN 1998.
Sponsored