wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Oh, wow! Thank you so much for the pictures and info! I'm from AZ and plan on doing... well every single trail available here within this Jeeps lifetime! haha

Is the Rancho 2" Sport lift all you have done suspension wise? Was your caster a problem at all? I greatly appreciate your input and answering all my questions.
Yes, the Rancho lift is all I have done. No caster issue, no death wobble.
Sponsored

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I needed front and rear track bars my axles shifted .75 inches

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Silly question, how can you tell they've shifted?

You can tell visually but you’ve got to measure to find out how much, I grabbed a tape measure and measured from the wheelwell liner out to the edge of the tire, front and rear tires. There a spot in the front wheelwell above the spring perch where you can hook the edge of the tape measure

Sponsored

JLscorpio31

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU, 1999 Cherokee XJ
Does anyone have any experience with the 2” lift kits for the JLU Rubicon from Rancho?
http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...ension-system-rs9000xl-shocks-rs66122br9.html

Kit can be had with the RS9000XL adjustable shocks or the RS5000X non-adjustable shocks. Doesn’t come with any control arms or track bars, but at only 2” track bars may not be needed. I imagine front lower control arms would be needed.
I had the Rancho 2” sport lift on my JKUR with 34” tires and it was great. My JLUR at stock height with stock 33s seems higher than that was so I’m not looking to go much higher. I have the same 34s from the JK that I plan on putting on the JL, but just haven’t gotten to it yet with the weather. I’m sure I can run the 34s stock, but it wouldn’t hurt to lift it a bit and these Rancho kits look like just the ticket.
got it and enjoying it. yes, you definitely need LCAs. if not, some kind of adjustment/correction bracket or else you'll have wandering steering. I bought all new adj. control arms.

Rimfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
i saw it asked but not answered, does the jeep come out level or is the back higher than the front? for anyone who has added a metal front bumper and winch, did the front end sag much? i dont want to install everything only to have to unwind the front to put a 3/4" coil spacer in there to get things level. anyone?

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
@RanchoShocks Any chance you saw the question above? Does this kit make an attempt to level things or is it a straight 2” front and back.

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Bought this lift... probably will get adjustable LCAs too. Rancho has them but after watching their video on longevity for 3 years on The D2 bushing , I caught the narrator saying the control arms get “15 degrees” for a total of 30 degrees of misalignment.

Industry standard in after market control arms is 30 degrees in each direction for a total of 60 degrees(Rock Krawler does 90 degrees of misalignment ... craziness). So I might end up getting a different brand of control arms such as Evo etc. it’s too bad Bc I really wanted to try the Rancho control arms.

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Professional User of Common Sense
I have this lift with the RS9000XL shocks and geo brackets on my 2019 JLU Rubicon, and I love it! The overall ride is better than factory (coupled with Toyo 315/70/17 6-ply tires), but I do have a pull to the right after the kit was installed. I had the tires for 2 weeks prior to the lift being installed, and the pull was not there. The front end is aligned, so the issue is in my rear suspension. My toe and thrust angle are off. I have Rancho rear adjustable control arms being installed this week to hopefully correct the issue.

The pull isn't terrible and definitely not a deal breaker. Rancho has been a big help in getting the issue resolved, so I have no regrets, and I am very happy. I have spent less on this lift, the geometry relocation brackets, the rear control arms, and the installation cost than I would have spent on the Mopar lift (which has fewer components) alone, and my lift has adjustable shocks.

Rubicon.jpg

Sponsored

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
17x9.5 -18 Black Rhino Barstow's w/ 37/13.5 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro

Photo Mar 21, 6 04 07 PM.jpg
I know Jeeps are not intended for "good" fuel economy, but what kind of change did you see when you upgraded to the 37" tires? Did you re-gear? It not, did you see a loss in power with the added weight of the wheel & tire combo?

I am really considering 37's or 38's, but I get conflicting reports on running them on the stock 4.10 Dana 44's. So far all the negative opinions have come from people who don't even have the same setup.:facepalm:

Thanks!:like:

halffrozen

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I know Jeeps are not intended for "good" fuel economy, but what kind of change did you see when you upgraded to the 37" tires? Did you re-gear? It not, did you see a loss in power with the added weight of the wheel & tire combo?

I am really considering 37's or 38's, but I get conflicting reports on running them on the stock 4.10 Dana 44's. So far all the negative opinions have come from people who don't even have the same setup.:facepalm:

Thanks!:like:
Far as fuel economy goes, does't get better. lol But I don't really care about that.

I have seen no extreme drawbacks with stock gears on 37's, I have also seen/watched plenty of videos saying the same thing. I have mainly heard: "No you don't need to re-gear at all, however if you do you will see a gain in stock performance in shifting and powerband" But it's not something that's needed by any means.

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Far as fuel economy goes, does't get better. lol But I don't really care about that.

I have seen no extreme drawbacks with stock gears on 37's, I have also seen/watched plenty of videos saying the same thing. I have mainly heard: "No you don't need to re-gear at all, however if you do you will see a gain in stock performance in shifting and powerband" But it's not something that's needed by any means.
I actually saw an improvement in fuel economy after upgrading to Toyo Open Country MT 37x12.5x17, and I am still on stock 4:10 gears. My last 3 tanks on 35's averaged 15.6. My first 2 on 37's averaged 17.8. I don't fully understand this anomaly, but I will take it!

IMG_9622.jpg

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I have this lift with the RS9000XL shocks and geo brackets on my 2019 JLU Rubicon, and I love it! The overall ride is better than factory (coupled with Toyo 315/70/17 6-ply tires), but I do have a pull to the right after the kit was installed. I had the tires for 2 weeks prior to the lift being installed, and the pull was not there. The front end is aligned, so the issue is in my rear suspension. My toe and thrust angle are off. I have Rancho rear adjustable control arms being installed this week to hopefully correct the issue.

The pull isn't terrible and definitely not a deal breaker. Rancho has been a big help in getting the issue resolved, so I have no regrets, and I am very happy. I have spent less on this lift, the geometry relocation brackets, the rear control arms, and the installation cost than I would have spent on the Mopar lift (which has fewer components) alone, and my lift has adjustable shocks.

Rubicon.jpg
I switched from 37" MTR/K's to 37" Toyo MT's on a previous JK and also had that dreaded right hand pull(no other changes other than tires at the time). It was so bad for me that on long highway trips my arm would get sore from constantly countering the pull. I went so far as to throw my alignment completely off by adjusting the control arms which did fix the issue but then my alignment was way off.

Hitthegopedal

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Rubicon.jpg
Just poking around on the threads on the Rancho 2" and I see this pull issue... Truthfully I can't see your rear thrust being out of spec with a small lift like this on a 4 door and there is no toe on a solid rear axle unless it's bent. In the lifts I've done, the thrust angle being off has always been a vibration issue, not a pull. So what was the issue? Was it the tires like Chris said above?
Sponsored