Rancho 2-3.5” sport lift a good option?

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
These kits are difficult to find now....
Yea, so I‘ve seen. Been following these threads and this product for a few months now again. Must be a manufacturing thing as many auto parts companies have been having Covid issues. although most of them have rectified things by now unless is semiconductor shortage related (which shocks and springs aren’t lol)

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Doesn’t look like Rancho has even been on this forum in a long time. Theyre on wrangler forum periodically. Weird. Almost like they are disappearing, yet I know they aren’t. Maybe lots of focus on the OEM deal with Chevy in all those commercials? Lol jk.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I just got tracking for the infamous second box!!! If you guys are looking for the kit hit up @River City Offroad he has been awesome and was able to track it down and stay on rancho about getting this shipped out

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Last night I ordered from jegs.com for my 2020 JLUR:

Rancho 2” Sport Lift
Rancho Geo Correction Brackets
Rancho front and rear track bars

Now I wait for it all to arrive and get some local shop quotes to install.

@wibornz testimonies sealed the deal for me. I’ll never push it to the limits he and his trail buds do, but great to know it’s more than capable.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Last night I ordered from jegs.com for my 2020 JLUR:

Rancho 2” Sport Lift
Rancho Geo Correction Brackets
Rancho front and rear track bars

Now I wait for it all to arrive and get some local shop quotes to install.

@wibornz testimonies sealed the deal for me. I’ll never push it to the limits he and his trail buds do, but great to know it’s more than capable.

Instead of having a shop install you should do it yourself, buy the tools for less than installation. That way you learn and understand your suspension. Also having intimate knowledge of your wrangler may help in you on the trails of you have problems. There are great instructional videos available to walk you step by step. Then buy buying the tools instead of paying a shop you have these tools for future projects. It is not a difficult installation. You can pick up all the tools you need at Harbor freight for about $200, Floor Jack (I used bottle jacks), Jack Stands, Impact wrench optional, Breaker bar, Torque Wrench 18mm to 26mm wrenches and sockets,

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
nice! i was told by my shop anything over 3.5 may need a driveshaft due to droop but its not needed unless doing extreme off-roading.
The deciding factor isn't lift height, it's your shocks extended length. Longer shocks or shocks with longer travel are where you run into issues with the drivelines.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
The deciding factor isn't lift height, it's your shocks extended length. Longer shocks or shocks with longer travel are where you run into issues with the drivelines.
I had an extensive conversation with Rancho's engineers it is a NON-issue with the 3.5 lift and shocks before I installed my Rancho 3.5 lift

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I had an extensive conversation with Rancho's engineers it is a NON-issue with the 3.5 lift and shocks before I installed my Rancho 3.5 lift
Right, Rancho's shocks are not known for being long travel.

Sponsored

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Instead of having a shop install you should do it yourself, buy the tools for less than installation. That way you learn and understand your suspension. Also having intimate knowledge of your wrangler may help in you on the trails of you have problems. There are great instructional videos available to walk you step by step. Then buy buying the tools instead of paying a shop you have these tools for future projects. It is not a difficult installation. You can pick up all the tools you need at Harbor freight for about $200, Floor Jack (I used bottle jacks), Jack Stands, Impact wrench optional, Breaker bar, Torque Wrench 18mm to 26mm wrenches and sockets,

i have considered self installation. May consider it more depending on the shop quotes I get back.

I am not as young as I once was and time also comes into play.

I appreciate the info.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Unfortunately, according to the profile @RanchoShocks hasnt been on JLwrangler forum since April 2020.
IIRC they weren't treaded particularly well from a couple of the last threads they were on, maybe just said F*ck'it!

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I canceled my back ordered order with Jegs.com and reached out to @River City Offroad

Marcus responded quickly and I placed my order with them. They had it in stock and should be shipping soon.

Thank you Marcus @River City Offroad for a hassle free experience and a great price.
Sponsored