Z&KOJL

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
So I installed the lift last weekend. I did end up putting a 3/4” spacer back in the front to level leaving a nice 1/2” lower difference between the front and back. Instal was smooth and the instructions were thorough. I am completely stock besides what comes in the kit. The front axle is slightly to the drivers side to be expected, caster I’ve estimated with an angle gauge around 5, it’s not perfect, but at highway speed I don’t even notice any more wander than normal. Still playing with the shocks to find my favorite adjustments but so far I’m super impressed with the kit especially for the price. Pics are a before and after, first with Rubi springs, second with rancho lift
6AFF5CB0-9B0D-4F44-B02C-A17B70B24EC1.jpeg
985F805B-FEC7-4698-9A38-F758D8A13548.jpeg
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
So I installed the lift last weekend. I did end up putting a 3/4” spacer back in the front to level leaving a nice 1/2” lower difference between the front and back. Instal was smooth and the instructions were thorough. I am completely stock besides what comes in the kit. The front axle is slightly to the drivers side to be expected, caster I’ve estimated with an angle gauge around 5, it’s not perfect, but at highway speed I don’t even notice any more wander than normal. Still playing with the shocks to find my favorite adjustments but so far I’m super impressed with the kit especially for the price. Pics are a before and after, first with Rubi springs, second with rancho lift
Nice setup! So how much lift did you get above what the Rubi springs gave you? Did your set come w/ the Rancho 5000 or 9000 shocks?

OP
OP
Z&KOJL

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice setup! So how much lift did you get above what the Rubi springs gave you? Did your set come w/ the Rancho 5000 or 9000 shocks?
I got pretty close to 2” all around. 9000 shocks. So far I like 2-3 on the street for daily driving, haven’t had a chance to eat wheeling settings yet.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
6AFF5CB0-9B0D-4F44-B02C-A17B70B24EC1.jpeg
985F805B-FEC7-4698-9A38-F758D8A13548.jpeg

What spacers did you go with?

Sponsored

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I couldn’t tell you what brand. It’s 3/4” I’m sure any brand would do.
Did you install the spacer lift on both sides of the front or just passenger side, sorry for all the questions just want to knock this all out at once

OP
OP
Z&KOJL

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you install the spacer lift on both sides of the front or just passenger side, sorry for all the questions just want to knock this all out at once
Both front. No problem, better to have it all done right the first time

Morbo101

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler sport s
did you change out your drive shaft too? If not, have you had any rubbing or issues with it? Just ordered my 3.5 lift kit and debating on ordering new driveshaft.
I have had the Rancho 3.5 on for almost 2 years now, cold not be happier, I also have the adjustable shocks which are great. Below are 35's on my Sahara.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho 2-3.5” sport lift a good option? 985F805B-FEC7-4698-9A38-F758D8A13548

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho 2-3.5” sport lift a good option? 985F805B-FEC7-4698-9A38-F758D8A13548

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
did you change out your drive shaft too? If not, have you had any rubbing or issues with it? Just ordered my 3.5 lift kit and debating on ordering new driveshaft.
I have one of the 1st if not the 1stv Rancho 3.5JL lifts in fact after I installed it there were a couple minor design issues so I had a direct line to the engineers at Rancho. I discussed that subject directly with them and all of them were imfatic that with their lift new shafts were not needed at all.

Sponsored

Morbo101

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler sport s
nice! i was told by my shop anything over 3.5 may need a driveshaft due to droop but its not needed unless doing extreme off-roading.

I have one of the 1st if not the 1stv Rancho 3.5JL lifts in fact after I installed it there were a couple minor design issues so I had a direct line to the engineers at Rancho. I discussed that subject directly with them and all of them were imfatic that with their lift new shafts were not needed at all.

OP
OP
Z&KOJL

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If installing the 2" sport lift on 2020 JLU Rubicon using factory rims and tires, do the bump stops still need to be extended?
Yes, they provide a 2” bump stop extension that bolts to the spring perch on the axle and contacts the factory bump stop.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
@RanchoShocks any word on if you guys are doing your annual March 1 - May 31 rebate program? I’m looking at this kit after having it on my previous JKUR a few years back and loving the ride, but not necessarily in a rush to get it dialed in
Sponsored