Sponsored

Rancho 2-3.5” sport lift a good option?

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Thanks for the replies everyone. Now just need to find a good source. Lots are out of stock or only one box available it seems
Let me know if you find a good source
Sponsored

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Thanks for the replies everyone. Now just need to find a good source. Lots are out of stock or only one box available it seems
Yes, thats the issue i am in right now. Shipped me the rear components i think box 2.. still waiting on box 1 for the front. I ordered from Northridge 4x4 it is exactly one month today. Im just confused as to how they have rears left with no fronts to go along with them lol. I talked with Rancho last week and they said they where shipping out 20 or so front kits. Evidently mine wasnt one of them.

OP
OP
Z&KOJL

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Yes, thats the issue i am in right now. Shipped me the rear components i think box 2.. still waiting on box 1 for the front. I ordered from Northridge 4x4 it is exactly one month today. Im just confused as to how they have rears left with no fronts to go along with them lol. I talked with Rancho last week and they said they where shipping out 20 or so front kits. Evidently mine wasnt one of them.
North ridge has the best price I can find right now. I really don’t mind the wait this time of year so I guess I’d rather order now and get on the list to get the front kit sooner than later haha.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
North ridge has the best price I can find right now. I really don’t mind the wait this time of year so I guess I’d rather order now and get on the list to get the front kit sooner than later haha.
The only kit I saw they had listed was the rs5000 shock

Anonymous

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR
The only kit I saw they had listed was the rs5000 shock
^This. I have looked multiple places and this has been the case for some time. I cannot seem to find the offering with the 9000.

Sponsored

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
This was the kit item # I purchased from them with the 9000 shocks. It should still pop up if you search it on their site. 2.0-3.5” RS9000xl
ROSRS66124BR9

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
This is true haha, kind of would be nice for winter to be done here in NW Ohio for the install..

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
This was the kit item # I purchased from them with the 9000 shocks. It should still pop up if you search it on their site. 2.0-3.5” RS9000xl
ROSRS66124BR9
Will this work with a rubicon?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Z&KOJL

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
^This. I have looked multiple places and this has been the case for some time. I cannot seem to find the offering with the 9000.
I just ordered today from north ridge 4x4. Kind of hard to find on their site. Search for the rancho number RS66124BR9 on their site it should bring it up

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
From what i see they are in the process of combining the two kits? I have this kit on order but have only received the rear lift components still waiting on my front going on a month. Ive been stalking the rancho and retailers sites and the forum for months and months about these lifts. The 2.0 sport kit (RS66122br9) that was available had a note on the bottom that stated use springs to depletion then replace with RS66124BR9 . Wich is the 2.0-3.5” kit, Indicating they use the same springs? It looks like if you have a Rubi you will net about 2” of lift, a sport or sahara, about 3.5”. In the details (non rubicon models will net taller lift)
Again, im no expert this is just what ive deduced from my findings..

I had this kit on my 2018 Sport S from July 2018 to last week when I traded in for a Rubi. I pretty much go offroading every weekend from spring through early fall and have done some fairly decent trails in Colorado. Never once has this suspension failed me. Early on, I thought the lift may be the cause of my steering woes, so I had geometry correction brackets installed. That did help steering a bit but since the lift wasn’t the root cause of my steering problems it didn’t solve it.

The lift added about 3” of lift to my Sport S and we put 35” Falken Wildpeaks AT3Ws on it. A great tire for us that performed well on road as well. I’m going with 37s on the Rubi but they’ll still be Falkens.

The only real downside to this lift kit is that your ride quality WILL be worse. You’ll feel absolutely every bump you go over on the highway. But it was still acceptable to me. After all, it’s a Jeep.

I’m still researching lift kits for the Rubi. The fact that the Rancho lift never let me down is at least a reason to consider it but defintely going with a more complete kit this time around. I bought the Rubi so would could take some more extreme trails.

Our old Wrangler Sport on the Rancho lift.
46610567865_ae6460d2bf_b.jpg

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I had this kit on my 2018 Sport S from July 2018 to last week when I traded in for a Rubi. I pretty much go offroading every weekend from spring through early fall and have done some fairly decent trails in Colorado. Never once has this suspension failed me. Early on, I thought the lift may be the cause of my steering woes, so I had geometry correction brackets installed. That did help steering a bit but since the lift wasn’t the root cause of my steering problems it didn’t solve it.

Did you have the 9000 shocks?
The lift added about 3” of lift to my Sport S and we put 35” Falken Wildpeaks AT3Ws on it. A great tire for us that performed well on road as well. I’m going with 37s on the Rubi but they’ll still be Falkens.

The only real downside to this lift kit is that your ride quality WILL be worse. You’ll feel absolutely every bump you go over on the highway. But it was still acceptable to me. After all, it’s a Jeep.

I’m still researching lift kits for the Rubi. The fact that the Rancho lift never let me down is at least a reason to consider it but defintely going with a more complete kit this time around. I bought the Rubi so would could take some more extreme trails.

46610567865_ae6460d2bf_b.jpg
Did you have the 9000 shocks?

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho 2-3.5” sport lift a good option? 46610567865_ae6460d2bf_b
That’s awesome man thanks for the info! Glad to hear it had worked well for you on the trails. I ordered the Mopar extended LCAs and will be installing them with the lift on mine. Aswell as front and rear Adj Trackbars. I have heard it will stiffin the ride up. How much i will just have to wait and see, like you said it is a jeep. I come from lifted XJs YJs and JKs I personally think my JLU rides a little soft for me. I suppose we will see what the new suspension does.

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
What is this kit missing? LCAs, wouldn't you need a front drive shaft as well?
Sponsored