Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have the 9000 shocks?
if they came with them, then I did. Honestly I didn’t research that. Looking at the parts page I see that they are listed. I didn’t even know they were adjustable.

Now I feel dumb... haha.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
What is this kit missing? LCAs, wouldn't you need a front drive shaft as well?
I suppose it depends on how in depth you want to go. I know some people run the kit alone with nothing else, and are just fine. Some choose to pair with LCAs or geo brackets or track bars, etc list could go on and on. The driveshaft is another can of worms. I debated a long time on it. Like i said i have not installed my kit yet and dont proclaim to be an expert. But i know some people again run aftermarket shafts and some dont. I know at flex some have shown the JLU can have gas tank skid plate interference with the stock shaft vs a smaller diameter aftermarket. And as for the front i guess people have torn some boots and clamps because of the joint style and angle. I am going to try mine with stock shafts and see what happens? I know @wibornz has done tons of wheeling on the kit. His posts and testimonys where a big deciding factor in going with the kit on mine. Im not sure what he ran shaft wise same with @Sgt Beavis. Maybe those guys would have some better info on the drive shaft delema.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
After 30k miles, I had no drive shaft issues..

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
if they came with them, then I did. Honestly I didn’t research that. Looking at the pats page I see that they are listed. I didn’t even one they were adjustable.

Now I feel dumb... haha.
Yeah I know the adjustable part is supposed to make them pretty soft if needed and stiffened up when wheeling, had them on my jk’s frankenlift and they were very comfortable

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I suppose it depends on how in depth you want to go. I know some people run the kit alone with nothing else, and are just fine. Some choose to pair with LCAs or geo brackets or track bars, etc list could go on and on. The driveshaft is another can of worms. I debated a long time on it. Like i said i have not installed my kit yet and dont proclaim to be an expert. But i know some people again run aftermarket shafts and some dont. I know at flex some have shown the JLU can have gas tank skid plate interference with the stock shaft vs a smaller diameter aftermarket. And as for the front i guess people have torn some boots and clamps because of the joint style and angle. I am going to try mine with stock shafts and see what happens? I know @wibornz has done tons of wheeling on the kit. His posts and testimonys where a big deciding factor in going with the kit on mine. Im not sure what he ran shaft wise same with @Sgt Beavis. Maybe those guys would have some better info on the drive shaft delema.
I have not had any driveshaft issues. None of our Jeeps have.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Z&KOJL

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
This is true haha, kind of would be nice for winter to be done here in NW Ohio for the install..
Going on in a heated garage here in MN when it shows up. If you were closer I’d say come on over haha

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Going on in a heated garage here in MN when it shows up. If you were closer I’d say come on over haha
Hell yea lol thatd be nice! We do a salamander heater in the shop mostly here.. it takes the chill off except it sounds like a 747 is taking off when it is running

OP
OP
Z&KOJL

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was fast. Ordered the kit from Northridge 4x4 Wednesday and got the first box today. Box 2 of 2 (rear kit) is what showed up, no surprise since the front seems to be back ordered everywhere. Now the long wait for the front while I sit here with half a lift in a box lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho 2-3.5” sport lift a good option? 928A37F7-A762-4FA1-B213-CA1002AFDE4A

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I am nearly 2.5 years on my Rancho 3.5 with RS9000's. I have one of in not the the 1st kit released. You will need either adjustable LCA's or Geometry brackets, I went with Brackets. I spoke directly with the Rancho engineers about the drive shaft replacement and they said absolutely not needed. Now if you plan to do any hard core high stress off roading you might consider upgrading the shafts.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am nearly 2.5 years on my Rancho 3.5 with RS9000's. I have one of in not the the 1st kit released. You will need either adjustable LCA's or Geometry brackets, I went with Brackets. I spoke directly with the Rancho engineers about the drive shaft replacement and they said absolutely not needed. Now if you plan to do any hard core high stress off roading you might consider upgrading the shafts.
What do you consider hard core high stress?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The need for drive shaft is mainly based on shock travel, droop specifically. As long as your shocks don’t have more than 26” extended length , the driveshaft will be fine. You can even stretch it to 28”, but there will be light contact with the collar at the transfer case, nothing catastrophic.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
What do you consider hard core high stress?
What he said so pushing the articulation to the max like rock crawling. Rancho said do not even worry about it

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
That was fast. Ordered the kit from Northridge 4x4 Wednesday and got the first box today. Box 2 of 2 (rear kit) is what showed up, no surprise since the front seems to be back ordered everywhere. Now the long wait for the front while I sit here with half a lift in a box lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rancho 2-3.5” sport lift a good option? 928A37F7-A762-4FA1-B213-CA1002AFDE4A
Same boat! Lol.. Talked with Rancho on Saturday. He told me they are basically waiting on shocks to send the kits out. He said they are super behind on front JL and JK shocks to complete the kits

OP
OP
Z&KOJL

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same boat! Lol.. Talked with Rancho on Saturday. He told me they are basically waiting on shocks to send the kits out. He said they are super behind on front JL and JK shocks to complete the kits
I don’t suppose he gave you any timeline?
Sponsored