swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, since I pulled the trigger on the Quadratec sale and got it and had found little reviews before, I thought I would share my pics and impressions.
So- step 1- unbox ( I did it inside since it's SWFL and hot out)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 1

this is why ( it's apparent later ):
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 4a

Lay it all out:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 4

Put the windows in the nice sunshine:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 3

Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 2

I followed the instructions but also got a lot of good hints from a video on Youtube ( the waya guy)
One thing is a b&^%ch to do get these sides tucked in on the frame:
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions Inked6_LI

After that, it's a pretty simple install.
I had some flapping on the highway on the way to work, but that was due to the rear window top seal/velcro not being seated properly.
I figured, let it sit in the sun to warm up and then adjust it :
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 9

Ok maybe wait 'til later or wear gloves!

Anyway, I'm happy so far and it looks good.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 12

I'll see how the top seal holds, but at highway speeds, it might need some extra velcro.
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Ok, since I pulled the trigger on the Quadratec sale and got it and had found little reviews before, I thought I would share my pics and impressions.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 12

Lay it all out:

I followed the instructions but also got a lot of good hints from a video on Youtube ( the waya guy)

I had some flapping on the highway on the way to work, but that was due to the rear window top seal/velcro not being seated properly.

I'll see how the top seal holds, but at highway speeds, it might need some extra velcro.
Nice! I’ve always liked these style tops.

OP
OP
swflfireguy

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
Some more info, the instructions show the windshield brackets install alone but they go over the stock brackets. They're offset the instructions show different but they go like this :
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 20210930_164644

Another tip during installation, the door surrounds are held on bt threaded pieces but they seem very hard to go in, so I kind of cut the paint out by threading them in from the bottom to clear the threads
Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 20210929_173056

musicguyusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's; 2020 Triumph Street Triple R
@swflfireguy, I also installed my Rampage Trailview fastback top over this past weekend. If my middle surround brackets had not been mislabeled as the front surround brackets, the install would have gone much, much more quickly. Other than that, this is a well engineered top.

Sponsored

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys, 2022 JL Willys Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Rampage Trailview fastback soft top install and initial impressions 20210929_173056

Lay it all out:

Thanks for sharing, I am thinking about this top. How is it holds up? still good?

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see the internal temperature at that uh.. sun scorching 169 degrees. I just installed a Trektop, my first time using a soft top and it definitely radiates quite a bit of heat inside the Jeep. Previously I was using a hardtop w/Boom Mat insulation and I never felt anything radiating. I can feel the heat on the softtop inches away from touching it.

OP
OP
swflfireguy

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
Bio- I’ve used it regularly up until about mid June. I took it off to use a factory soft top. Summer in SWFL brings rain daily, lots of it. I’ll put the rampage top on again about October when I can run it with the windows stored in the top- that’s my favorite part of it. Windows available for a rain storm but after about early November, I can just run it as a bikini top with the doors off and no concern of rain. I’d recommend it for sure.

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys, 2022 JL Willys Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Bio- I’ve used it regularly up until about mid June. I took it off to use a factory soft top. Summer in SWFL brings rain daily, lots of it. I’ll put the rampage top on again about October when I can run it with the windows stored in the top- that’s my favorite part of it. Windows available for a rain storm but after about early November, I can just run it as a bikini top with the doors off and no concern of rain. I’d recommend it for sure.
Awesome, thanks! I'll post it once I purchased and installed it

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
I'd like to see the internal temperature at that uh.. sun scorching 169 degrees. I just installed a Trektop, my first time using a soft top and it definitely radiates quite a bit of heat inside the Jeep. Previously I was using a hardtop w/Boom Mat insulation and I never felt anything radiating. I can feel the heat on the softtop inches away from touching it.
It's the same in the cold. :clap:
But I wouldn't have it any other way. :rock:

Sponsored

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link

Lay it all out:

Your pool sure does look nice!

Canes3233

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary chief blue

Lay it all out:

Did you have any issues with the top not sealing good against the windshield seal. Allowing lots of wind noise. Thanks
Sponsored