Sponsored

Rampage Tonneau Cover?

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Placed order on 28th with Rampage direct and it will arrive tomorrow - have tracking number for FedEx. Will have a chance to trail test it this weekend.
Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Rec'd it today and installed in just a few minutes - super easy.

I like it. It uses the soft top tailgate bar so it stays rigid and allows easy access to the trunk area. Doesn't make much noise and seals the back area off pretty well. Off on muddy trails tomorrow so we will see how it does in keeping my ham and turkey sandwiches dry and clean in the back.

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
So does this cover come with the tailgate bar or do you have to have your own? I have a hardtop and I really want this cover.

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
So does this cover come with the tailgate bar or do you have to have your own? I have a hardtop and I really want this cover.
The two plastic corner pieces and the tailgate bar are needed from the soft top. Five minutes to install - less to take off. No pics now since it is pouring and I put the windows back in.

Was on a pretty muddy trail Friday with the top up, rear windows out, and the tonneau cover in place. Did exactly what was planned and kept the trunk stuff clean and dry.

tommyboyii

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport / 285-70r17 BFG A/T KO2's (c-load) / Pro Comp 17x9 (-6) offset rims / Red Rock 4x4 Stubby Bumper / Bestop Trektop NX fast back soft top
saw that "18sport" asked for some pics.....didn't see that any were posted yet.

Mine came yesterday. Ordered directly from Rampage web site last week......(unfortunately the wind-jammer was Out of Stock).

Yes - I have the JTOPS tonneau also (the magnets can be seen in the pics LOL) but am not yet won over by it. It is a quality product. sleek and seems manufactured with care but it just seems a bit on the thin (??) side if that makes sense. The Rampage cover does feel more substantial (at least it is thicker/heavier plus the velcro tabs that seal it around the roll bar is a nice back-to-the-80's look and feature).

Install does require using the tailgate bar from the soft top; as a result there is no need to remove those rear soft top corner wrap around things. It fits right over top of them nicely. My soft-top is the Bestop NX fast back (that thing kicks %#$) and it slid onto the tailgate bar they use like a glove. I did drive for a little bit at some highway speeds (65-70 MPH) with no issues. the tail gate opens/closes without any issues. The fit is like any soft top (i.e. snug if you install it correctly) and it reaches almost to the back side of the rear seats.....

IMG_1297.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg
IMG_1295.jpg

Sponsored

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
The box mine came in says twill. But after installing, I can say with full confidence that this cover does not match my twill factory top. I am fairly disappointed.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I've been trying to decide which cover to get. I swear I've seen a picture recently with a cover that unattaches at the very rear to allow the soft top to lock down, but I haven't been able to find that picture again. It looks like the Rampage might have that capability if you uninstall from the tailgate bar. Does anyone with a soft top have this installed, and can the soft top lock down?

Stlrfan152

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1998 TJ, 1975 Corvette
I've been trying to decide which cover to get. I swear I've seen a picture recently with a cover that unattaches at the very rear to allow the soft top to lock down, but I haven't been able to find that picture again. It looks like the Rampage might have that capability if you uninstall from the tailgate bar. Does anyone with a soft top have this installed, and can the soft top lock down?
Mine came in today i put the soft top down and it sat pretty high. i dont think itll lock with it down, i didnt want to push down to hard on it.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Mine came in today i put the soft top down and it sat pretty high. i dont think itll lock with it down, i didnt want to push down to hard on it.
Thanks for the response. I didn't expect the top would lock down with the cover fully attached. After looking at the pictures here, I was hoping the cover could be unattached at all locations rear of the roll bar. It appears with the velcro outboard of the roll bar that that might be possible. So the back corners and back edge (without the tailgate bar attached) would lay down somewhat, giving the top room to lock...

It doesn't matter now, I ordered the Rampage anyway, so I'll be able to test it out. At the very least, I'll have some cover when in safari mode.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
The top goes down on mine below the third brake light. Just velcro strap it and it is fine.
Sponsored