Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it has been a week and nothing has arrived in the mail. So, I called Rampage directly. The pleasant person on the phone informed me the tonneau is not scheduled for release until "sometime in July," and the windbreaker is not scheduled for release until August.

So, either the person at 4WP lied to me, or someone at Rampage lied to him. Either way, this is absolutely ridiculous! As I look around at different websites at the tonneau cover, I see it as being available (one site says it will ship in 5-7 days).

If a manufacturer is not actively selling a part, it should NOT be appearing on websites UNLESS there is a very clear indication that you will be paying for something that doesn't yet exist (and who the heck knows when it will exist since they've now pushed the date back twice). I will be calling 4WP to cancel the order tomorrow, and will never purchase anything from Rampage- ever. Sorry, but that rant felt good. Thumbs way down on Rampage- and reserving judgement on 4WP (but I wish they wouldn't list non-existing parts on their site).

On a slightly related note. Does anyone know of an actually existing tonneau cover for the JL 2 door? Also looking for a header and bikini style soft top to cover the front.

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
Agreed on Rampage. Also, if anyone comes across an inexpensive tonneau cover for a 4 door, please post it. I'll be running a trektop nx without the rear windows the next several months and really want a tonneau cover

Sponsored

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered it from CJ Pony Parts in January. The release date keeps being pushed back.

SandRat

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I also ordered from 4WP. They actually charged my card and showed shipped (along with some foot pegs with doors off). Received the pegs. Called, they also put me on hold and called Rampage. "drop"-ship date is sometime in July. I asked 4WP why they would charge me for something not available for months. Answer: "... well that just the way that do it..." Asked to speak to a supervisor, "out to lunch" call back (after 18 minutes on hold). Canceled the order instead -- don't plan to buy from 4WP again as they are devious.

Want to follow this thread for any alternate solutions or wait for July and order direct....

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally found a cargo cover THAT IS ACTUALLY AVAILABLE for my 2 door JL! The manufacturer is GPCA, and here is a link: https://www.gpca.us/shop/gpca-jeep-wrangler-jl-2dr-cargo-cover/
GPCA-Jeep-wrangler-JL-cargo-cover-2DR-1024x1024.jpg

I ordered a few days ago, and I have a USPS tracking number- so the part is on its way. The downside is this product is not a water-tight cover, but I'm certain I can figure out a way to make it so if I know rain is coming. I'm just happy to keep the sun off my cargo area when I have my soft top windows off. I also ordered one of their cargo organizers (for the front edge of the cargo area).
Still pretty unhappy with Rampage (and less so with 4WP) for the snafu of selling a product that isn't being produced. Plan to avoid Rampage in the future (although my new soft top is from Bestop, which owns Rampage). Speaking of which, having installed the Trektop NX, I'm not sure the Rampage tonneau cover is going to be compatible with that soft top anyway (because the door frame support for the top extends quite a ways back over the front mounting bolts of the hard top).
GPCA_transformer_trunk_organizer_1.jpg

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Can’t use it topless and it isn’t close to waterproof. Doesn’t seem very useful to me.

Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t use it topless and it isn’t close to waterproof. Doesn’t seem very useful to me.

Correct, have been in contact with GPCA, have some of their products. Not recommended without top. Still looking for a good solution. Currently just securing groceries, etc with a cargo net in the back.

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
I finally found a cargo cover THAT IS ACTUALLY AVAILABLE for my 2 door JL! The manufacturer is GPCA, and here is a link: https://www.gpca.us/shop/gpca-jeep-wrangler-jl-2dr-cargo-cover/
GPCA-Jeep-wrangler-JL-cargo-cover-2DR-1024x1024.jpg

I ordered a few days ago, and I have a USPS tracking number- so the part is on its way. The downside is this product is not a water-tight cover, but I'm certain I can figure out a way to make it so if I know rain is coming. I'm just happy to keep the sun off my cargo area when I have my soft top windows off. I also ordered one of their cargo organizers (for the front edge of the cargo area).
Still pretty unhappy with Rampage (and less so with 4WP) for the snafu of selling a product that isn't being produced. Plan to avoid Rampage in the future (although my new soft top is from Bestop, which owns Rampage). Speaking of which, having installed the Trektop NX, I'm not sure the Rampage tonneau cover is going to be compatible with that soft top anyway (because the door frame support for the top extends quite a ways back over the front mounting bolts of the hard top).
GPCA_transformer_trunk_organizer_1.jpg
Bestop doesn’t own Rampage. Rampage is owned by Lund, which is now owned by Truck Hero.

McG

First Name
McKenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB, 2018 Toyota Tundra XP CrewMax
Watching this thread as well. It's on 4wd.com for only $51.19 so I'm wondering if I should just order and suck it up and wait.

Edit: I ordered it. For that price, I'm willing to wait til July I guess. We'll see what happens!

Last edited:

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop doesn’t own Rampage. Rampage is owned by Lund, which is now owned by Truck Hero.
Good to know... hard to keep track of all the consolidations. I thought I read somewhere Rampage was owned by Bestop (now I can be fully disgusted with Rampage :^).

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct in so far as the GPCA cargo cover definitely is definitely not waterproof. However, with a minor modification, it can definitely be used topless... By installing grommets on the end of each of the Velcro strips- and substituting cording for securing the cover- it works just fine when topless. We drove around at 70mph+ all day and the cover worked just fine (no flapping around, and I had some light items in the back that did not fly out). I have the cargo cover and the divider installed, which seems to work perfectly for my JLR. Better still, it is a part that is in production and available to order and install!
tumblr_ps3i46KXYG1tkp167o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ps3ivdugLh1tkp167o1_1280.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: