Sponsored

Rampage Tonneau Cover?

BaconIsAFruit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Has anyone purchased the Rampage tonneau cover? It looks like the soft windows can't be on at the same time, correct? I can't find any official info on their website, but there are many vendors selling it for a reasonable $60-75. $60 is almost worth the risk of 7/10 satisfaction and not being able to put the factory soft top windows back on.

example: https://www.jegs.com/i/Rampage/594/741035/10002/-1

594-741035.jpg
Sponsored

Jeddi

First Name
Jeddi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK8
I haven't had first hand experience with a JL tonneau cover yet but it should be same as previous gens, so yes it should use the same body channels as windows which means you wont be able to use them at the same time. I'm a Rampage vendor and their inventory shows zero available right now. So it's probably in R&D stage right now.

JLGraniteFL

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I spoke to them last week, targeting April for release.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the tonneau cover from 4WP last week (as well as the windbreaker), and they have my order listed as "shipped." However, there is no tracking information. I suppose I better call them, since it seems the product isn't available yet.

Kinda sucks when vendors put products on their website with no indication that they aren't available yet. If I knew that up front, I would have waited to order.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

I ordered the tonneau cover from 4WP last week (as well as the windbreaker), and they have my order listed as "shipped." However, there is no tracking information. I suppose I better call them, since it seems the product isn't available yet.

Kinda sucks when vendors put products on their website with no indication that they aren't available yet. If I knew that up front, I would have waited to order.
Will they do a two door?

Sponsored

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Looking at the site, I would also assume this is available immediately. I’m pretty tempted to put my own order in and find out.

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I called 4WP today to check on the order status (since they indicate it has shipped).
The fellow on the phone said "Ah, it's shipping direct from the manufacturer- I'll call them and check on it and get back to you."

Sure enough, about 15 minutes later, I received this in an email.
Thanks for the call today.
Just got this back from the manufacturer.
“Projected release dates for both parts is 4-1-19”

Kudos to 4WP for getting back to me so quickly, thumbs down for not indicating the part doesn't actually exist on the website.
Also thumbs down to all these aftermarket manufacturers who are taking so freaking long to make JL parts available. It shouldn't take that long to make minor modifications to the part designs for the JK.

Hope April 1 doesn't become May 1...

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
Anyone actually get one yet or have a legit shipment?

OP
OP

BaconIsAFruit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
How is a tonneau cover with trapped water underneath? Last summer, I parked outside in safari mode the whole time and let evaporation take car of wetness in the trunk. I am afraid a tonneau cover will end up becoming a mildew incubator for any water that slipped underneath.

Sponsored

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone actually get one yet or have a legit shipment?
Want to know as well. Looking for a cover solution for my 2 door with the top off and it looks like this or a raingler net so far. I like GPCA but theirs is not for use with the top off.

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I called 4WP today to check on the order status (since they indicate it has shipped).
The fellow on the phone said "Ah, it's shipping direct from the manufacturer- I'll call them and check on it and get back to you."

Sure enough, about 15 minutes later, I received this in an email.
Thanks for the call today.
Just got this back from the manufacturer.
“Projected release dates for both parts is 4-1-19”

Kudos to 4WP for getting back to me so quickly, thumbs down for not indicating the part doesn't actually exist on the website.
Also thumbs down to all these aftermarket manufacturers who are taking so freaking long to make JL parts available. It shouldn't take that long to make minor modifications to the part designs for the JK.

Hope April 1 doesn't become May 1...
Well it might lol. I called Rampage this morning and they said their batch will be delivered in a month or so. Said they probably wont even stock them, just start shipping them out to people who already ordered them. I was hoping for an early April release as well but looking like another month at least. The good news is he said they will come with everything needed to install. So any hardware or rear tailgate bar that is needed will be supplied. We shall wait and see...

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I called 4WP this morning to follow-up on the ship date for the tonneau cover and the windbreaker (after attempting to contact Rampage and getting no response). The 4WP representative called Rampage while I held, and informed me the parts were released for distribution yesterday and would ship out to me today or- at the latest- tomorrow.

Now I just need a matching bikini top to get my ride all ready for warm weather...

Well it might lol. I called Rampage this morning and they said their batch will be delivered in a month or so. Said they probably wont even stock them, just start shipping them out to people who already ordered them. I was hoping for an early April release as well but looking like another month at least. The good news is he said they will come with everything needed to install. So any hardware or rear tailgate bar that is needed will be supplied. We shall wait and see...

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How is a tonneau cover with trapped water underneath? Last summer, I parked outside in safari mode the whole time and let evaporation take car of wetness in the trunk. I am afraid a tonneau cover will end up becoming a mildew incubator for any water that slipped underneath.
My previous Jeep was a TJ, and my "summer setup" was a Bestop Trektop with the sides and rear window removed combined with a tonneau cover. I found that- as long as I pointed the front of the Jeep into the wind (i.e., usually West facing in Dallas)- the interior of the Jeep stayed dry even in a downpour. The little bit of water that pooled on top of the tonneau would slide off the back when I pulled out of my spot. Even if a little water made it under the tonneau, there's plenty of circulation to dry things out.

This setup is what I'm trying to recreate with the JL.
PS- Found this picture of the TJ... I LOVED this setup for the summer!
tumblr_oqjgbpCfZq1tkp167o1_1280.jpg

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I called 4WP this morning to follow-up on the ship date for the tonneau cover and the windbreaker (after attempting to contact Rampage and getting no response). The 4WP representative called Rampage while I held, and informed me the parts were released for distribution yesterday and would ship out to me today or- at the latest- tomorrow.

Now I just need a matching bikini top to get my ride all ready for warm weather...
WTF! Well post up if you get it soon. I called straight to the source after they never emailed me back. THEN I get an email just a little bit ago :

Apr 2, 4:58 PM EDT

The cover looks like it has been pushed back another few months.

(I hope 4WP isnt lying to you)
Sponsored