Sponsored

Rampage Locking Hood Latches 76337 for JL, JLU, JLUR Unboxing, Instructions, Pictures

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Did you get and install your Rampage locking latches yet? If you did, how do you like them? Recommend them?
Yes! I ended up having to remove one of the metal spacers on the lock to make one of them a bit tighter. Otherwise, they appear to just be the OEM hood latches with a lock added in. I think a prybar would bust them off, but otherwise a random passer-by won't be messing with them.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Yes! I ended up having to remove one of the metal spacers on the lock to make one of them a bit tighter. Otherwise, they appear to just be the OEM hood latches with a lock added in. I think a prybar would bust them off, but otherwise a random passer-by won't be messing with them.
Fit is good? They mount up with no possible damage to paint or hood?

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Fit is good? They mount up with no possible damage to paint or hood?
Oh yeah fit is OEM. Like I said, I'm pretty sure these are identical to OEM, if not made by the same Mfr. Then they just cut and drill on the outermost part to add the lock and latch. The fit is exactly like OEM though in terms of the install and the latch on the hood.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Oh yeah fit is OEM. Like I said, I'm pretty sure these are identical to OEM, if not made by the same Mfr. Then they just cut and drill on the outermost part to add the lock and latch. The fit is exactly like OEM though in terms of the install and the latch on the hood.
Good to hear. I ordered a set to use until Mopar or Bolt is available. Thanks!

Raven99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Clubs

Just ordered the Rampage locks. I like the clean look and for the price and (apparent) ease of install, it seems like a good value.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
These look pretty unobtrusive which is perfect, I just want something stock looking with a lock to deter the 'casual troublemaker'. I have not seen any other locking latches that are all black...

The Mopar hood lock is nice but I plan to install a Gladiator style front camera where the lock goes.
Sponsored