Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
It wasn’t so much the quality of the sound. It was that the TRX was so quiet inside the cab. I had to open the back window to even really hear much of the exhaust. Standing behind it sounded awesome.

It’s a lot more present in the Jeep. I plan to put an AWE on the 392 as well. They are great exhausts.
I'm dropping my 392 off at an off-road shop tomorrow. It is going to get an AWE exhaust, CavFab bumpers, and an Apex steering boost. :) Can't wait to hear it when it comes out of the shop.

My stock TRX sounds nice, and I think has more of a high-performance sound than my stock 392. The 392 has more of an old school muscle car sound to it. But you are correct, the TRX exhaust is too quiet in the cab. It sounds like you are sitting inside a tomb when you are driving a TRX. Standing behind the truck for a remote cold start never fails to impress though.
Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I'm dropping my 392 off at an off-road shop tomorrow. It is going to get an AWE exhaust, CavFab bumpers, and an Apex steering boost. :) Can't wait to hear it when it comes out of the shop.

My stock TRX sounds nice, and I think has more of a high-performance sound than my stock 392. The 392 has more of an old school muscle car sound to it. But you are correct, the TRX exhaust is too quiet in the cab. It sounds like you are sitting inside a tomb when you are driving a TRX. Standing behind the truck for a remote cold start never fails to impress though.
Just got my 392 back, with the AWE exhaust on it.

"Oh my, this Jeep gets your attention when you fire it up". The quiet setting is the same as the OEM loud setting. The loud setting is really loud. It sounds really good though. It has more of a high-performance sound to it now, instead of the old school muscle car sound. The only thing I don't like about it is that the switch from 8 cyl to 4 cyl mode is more noticeable. I had no idea how often this engine switched back and forth between modes.

I bought the exhaust because it is tucked up out of the way better and had better departure angles, which it certainly does. After squashing the stock exhaust twice, the higher clearance is going to be nice.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Is the quiet mode as loud as the old performance mode on the high way? That really the only place I want it quiet for long drives.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Yes. Quiet mode is very similar to the OEM performance mode. It doesn't have a "drone" to it, but it is quite loud.

I drove to work this morning in performance mode the whole way, and I really think I am going to get better gas mileage with this exhaust. Getting on the throttle by even a small amount really makes some noise. It sounds really good, like a performance race car, but I find myself trying to avoid so much noise. People next to you in traffic probably think you have it floored, when if fact you're barely giving it gas at all.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Yes. Quiet mode is very similar to the OEM performance mode. It doesn't have a "drone" to it, but it is quite loud.

I drove to work this morning in performance mode the whole way, and I really think I am going to get better gas mileage with this exhaust. Getting on the throttle by even a small amount really makes some noise. It sounds really good, like a performance race car, but I find myself trying to avoid so much noise. People next to you in traffic probably think you have it floored, when if fact you're barely giving it gas at all.
thanks for the response. Granted not what I wanted to hear haha I like my quiet mode on the highway.

Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Last night after work, as I was walking to my Jeep in the parking lot, I used the remote start feature to see what a cold start sounded like from about 25' away. Oh my god, LOL. This is one seriously tough sounding Jeep. It sounds like it has a very high performance engine in it, and not just the little ole 392. It sounds like there is an absolute ton of horsepower under the hood. If you could hear raw testosterone, this is what it would sound like.

I bought the AWE exhaust because it was cheaper than replacing the stock exhaust and because it is tucked up under the Jeep better and has a much better departure angle. The sound is so good, and so over the top, that it almost makes you giggle when you hear it start up. So, I guess I can put up with more volume even in quite mode.

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
It does have a lot of horsepower. 470 is nothing to scoff at.

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dv8motoring.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 392, 2022 Ram TRX, Vipers
I own both the TRX and the 392. The TRX is faster, more noticeably from highway speeds and passing. Both are a blast from a dead stop, however.

You'll hear more of the exhaust note in the Jeep. It's louder to your ear, especially if you install a soft top. The TRX sounds just as loud outside, but the cabin is very sound insulated and it seems more quiet on the inside. If you open the rear sliding window, it's clearly loud at wide open throttle. The blower whine is the thing you hear the most in the TRX.

Both trucks are fun. If I had to only keep one, it would be the TRX, as they are within the same price range now. The TRX interior is much nicer and more premium feeling.

IMG_3894.jpg
Sponsored