Sponsored

Ram EcoDiesel EPA numbers released

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
I am wondering if the lower torque in the EcoDiesels for Wranglers will translate to improved mileage as opposed to the EcoDiesels for the Ram Trucks.

OP
OP
Cwu21

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am wondering if the lower torque in the EcoDiesels for Wranglers will translate to improved mileage as opposed to the EcoDiesels for the Ram Trucks.
I was hoping to get at least 30 combined. but at the end of the day I wont really care all that much since I will be in a Jeep :rock:

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Man, a diesel Rubicon will crest $60k MSRP, although transaction prices will be more like mid-50s. At that price range, you are in Rivian territory, after the $7500 tax credit. The only thing a diesel SUV has over a BEV SUV is range; the electric will have gobs more torque, accelerate twice as fast, and the Rivian at least can simulate any drivetrain you can think of (lockers, LSD, center diff, 'tank mode', etc).

I know the first Rivians won't be reliable, but it can't be any worse than an Italian Diesel.