RAM® Tough-Track™ for 18-19' Jeep JL/Gladiator

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The conversation started off again as a hardware issue and the quickly pivoted to the new response. No hard feelings, it was comforting know that 67 Designs only let's you order from in stock items.
Did you get 67 Designs or the RAM?

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,

Sponsored

RubiconIsland

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited 2.0
Everybody still happy with the RAM?

I'm just about to order cause 67 is sold out + they will maybe offer International shipping starting within the next month...

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase

I'm just about to order cause 67 is sold out + they will maybe offer International shipping starting within the next month...
I'm happy with mine. The 67 Designs uses a slightly smaller ball 20mm vs 25mm (1") The larger ball is typically rubber and grips better IMHO. I have a 67 Designs Mic Mount and quality is top notch, just your stuck with buying 20mm accessories, and there seems to be much more available for the RAM 1" ball.

Jeep Wrangler JL RAM® Tough-Track™ for 18-19' Jeep JL/Gladiator 1615849684364

RubiconIsland

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited 2.0
I'm happy with mine. The 67 Designs uses a slightly smaller ball 20mm vs 25mm (1") The larger ball is typically rubber and grips better IMHO. I have a 67 Designs Mic Mount and quality is top notch, just your stuck with buying 20mm accessories, and there seems to be much more available for the RAM 1" ball.
Yeah, actually already ordered. Found out that there is 1" ball mount for Quadlock cases.
Use them for years in car and on my ebike. The Phonemount is super safe and easy but their normal suction cup car mount is pretty shitty, won't last off-road.. but they have a new one for motorbikes with the 1" ball.
Perfect combo for me, with the red security lever also fits perfectly to the firecracker red.
Can't wait for it.

Quadlock Ball Mount

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
i went with the arm and phone mount from Tackform (20mm ball couplers), and also bought their 1"/25mm coupler so i could use the 1" rubber RAM ball. the 20mm balls suck.

also use the 2" rubber RAM ball for the ipad arm.

tackform 1" ball coupler

Roktoys84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

I've been using mine for a week, and am not impressed. My phone vibrates so much it's unusable.

Sponsored

Roktoys84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Is it the whole thing thats vibrates?
Asked myself if the two screws used are enough while 67s uses the two + 4 own ones.
The track mount may have some flex, but it seems like most of the movement is at the track ball/arm junction. I'm going to try to find a RAM ball that isn't rubber coated.

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The track mount may have some flex, but it seems like most of the movement is at the track ball/arm junction. I'm going to try to find a RAM ball that isn't rubber coated.
Weird. We typically have 1-2 phones attached to the short RAM arms, no vibration at all.

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I have short arm for my iphone and mid length for my Samsung Tablet. The short arm do not move however the mid arm with tablet do vibrant a little bit.

Roktoys84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Weird. We typically have 1-2 phones attached to the short RAM arms, no vibration at all.
I have short arm for my iphone and mid length for my Samsung Tablet. The short arm do not move however the mid arm with tablet do vibrant a little bit.
I guess I'll try a shorter arm first.
Sponsored